• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Propane tank

Iceman12

Question

Last night I went out to do some grilling and I could not get my propane tank to open up. It was like it was rusted shut or something. I used it 2 weeks ago and it worked fine. Anyone know what the problem could be?

7 answers to this question

Perhaps your turning the valve the wrong way. grin.gif

I had that happen to a bottle I have once. had to use a wrench to get it loose. Not sure why it happened, hasent happened again.

The valve is physically stuck?

I've had the tanks and couplers with the new-style connections get pressure locked so that no gas would flow until I unhooked and reconnected them, but never had the valve physically stuck.

It won't move either way and the valve is completely locked in position. Anyone every have this happen to them?

Could be that it is already open and when you tried to open it just jammed the thing tighter open. Might be a stretch, but it could be that you are out of gas too.