• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Switch from WB to drop away?

Cooter

I currently shoot a WB and love it for hunting. I realize a drop away would more than likely improve accuracy, but I'm trying to compare the pros and cons of each. The obvious and main advantage of the WB is not having to worry about the arrow falling off the rest whether walking or in a stand. Guess I'm looking for people who have shot the WB and then gone to the drop away and what they think. I shoot well enough with the WB for hunting and like the simplicity and ease of mind - it provides one less thing to go wrong in a hunting situation. Any comments welcome. Thanks.

Cooter, there was a guy that shot the WB at Vegas last year I think and did quite well. SO, the WB is an accurate rest. I myself don't like it.. I shoot a trophy taker.. and while the arrow and bow is sitting at rest, you would almost have to tip the bow to past 90degerees to get the arrow to fall off the ledge. And you could if you wanted even build that up higher without hurting your accuracy. I was very worried about going to a fall away, in my opinion, moving parts can adn will fail.. However, in well over a year that rest has been nothing but perfect.

Well I have never shot a biskit myself, but like Deitz shoot a trophy take and absolutely love it. 3rd year with it and never have had an arrow fall off the rest on drawback. Would recommend in a heartbeat.

A few years back I switch from a shoot-through rest. I had a nice 10 pointer at 10 yards and he heard the arrow as I drew back even though I had "silencers" on the prongs.

I switched to a Muzzy Zero Effect because I can cover it with mole skin for a totally quiet draw back. I also like the fact that it's attached to the string to fall away. I've never had an arrow fall off of it either.

I am with Dietz as well. Never shot a WB but have had a Trophy Taker drop away and have shot the Bow quite a bit and never had the problem of an arrow falling off. I would definetly recommend it. Depending on what type of hunting you are doing, I guess would also determine which would best suit you. WB you can trudge thru the woods with no worry and a drop away offers you a zero resistance release. Good Luck!!

I had a WB on my new bow and I wasn't impressed with the accuracy. I shot better groups with my old bow. I also didn't like what it did to my vanes. After a year I went to the Trophy Taker and love it. I have the rest and the area around it covered in moleskin. The difference in accuracy was amazing. Its just a more forgiving rest.

Nels

To each there own. I've shot the WB for 4 years, and love it . I never had a deer hear me draw back One was at 6 yards and one was at 7 yards. Accracy is good if I practice enough. the newer WB are a lot better then the old ones.

Thanks for the replies, the Trophy Taker as in the Shakey Hunter? Probably will try a drop away as soon as hunting is over.