• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Seafoam

Jeremy airjer W

Question

I have been using Seafoam in the various shops I have worked in for years. Seafoam Motor Tune and Deep Creep are two of the products that have delivered, in my opinion, the best results for there purposes.

Motor Tune is an amazing multi-use product that has given us great results, especially freeing up noisy hydraulic lifters. It can also be used for decarbonizing the upper engine, fuel system cleaning including injectors, and fuel stabilizing to name a few.

Deep Creep is a multi-use penetrating lubricant. It is basically Motor Tune in an aerosol can. It is an outstanding penetrating lube, but it does much more. It is also a fantastic decarbonizer, a moisture dispersant, and can be used for fogging, to name a few. I have personally been using this stuff for over five years and have never been dissatisfied with its performance.

That being said I decided on Saturday that it was time to get the boat ready for the winter. I used Motor Tune to stabilize the fuel and headed out to White bear to run the stabilized fuel through the carbs. The alternative motive was to get out of the house and to play with my Ifinder H2O with the Lakemaster chip. Within ten minutes out on the lake I already noticed an improvement in performance. The most noticeable was the idle which improved tremendously from a noticeable speratic vibration at low cruise to a nearly smooth low cruise.

Ask anyone I work with and they will tell you that I am the first to discredit the multitude of performance enhancing "snake oils" on the market. After seeing the benefits of the Seafoam products first hand throughout the years I am a firm believer that these products are no "snake oil"!

I am curious to see what products have given you great results with your problems on a consistent basis. Whether it be the Seafoam products or other products that you have discovered throughout the years.

13 answers to this question

I do wish to have a smoother idle in my motor during neutral and at low throttle. So do you think I should go out and run Motor Tune through it? Can you please suggest some specific measures with regard to Sea Foam products and what I should be using? Thanks

I have also like Deep Creep. I use it in the plug holes each winter.

I have been using seafoam for years,it is just one good product, stabilizes fuel, removes moisture, cleans carbs and injectors, and removes carbon buildup on the heads and rings on the pistons. Never though to use it for penetrating oil.

i run seafoam constantly in the gas of my boat/lawn mower/and golf cart. sure seems to keep them running smooth. grin.gif

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I've been using SeaFoam to decarbon engines for darn near 30 years.

Just bought a snowmobile. There is about 7 gallons of gas in the tank. Not sure if sta-billed over summer.

Should gas be taken out or is adding seafoam a good thing to do to that tank? Can seafoam be used in snowmobiles?

Sometimes you can tell a little by smell. Does it still smell like "good" gas, or kind of stale/varnishy? Don't sniff too much though. smile.gif

If in doubt, I guess I'd put new gas in.

I would error on the side of caution and get rid of it. Seafoam will not make bad gas better. It will preserve fresh gas. You can use it in just about anything that runs on gas.

S.T. what did ya use for the 30 years before that? tongue.gif Man your geting old. Think you can wheel your chair to the French on Friday morning? Supposed to be nice.

Northlander, brake fluid grin.gif and you must be confusing age with experience. grin.gif

French in the morning is a good possibility. I'll give you a ring.

Like airjer said adding stabil to old gas won't bring it back but it might stop further breakdown. Using it up won't damage anything. The damage occurs when it sits in the carb for extended periods of time. What you could do now is start your sled up and let it run for a while then shut the gas off and run the carb dry then drain the gas and use it in your automobile or just leave it.

You could go one step further and pull the carbs off and clean them so your ready for snow. Or try the easy way out which in my opinion isn't as good as a carb overhaul(disassembly and cleaning) is drain the gas and replace with 1 gallon of fresh gas and 1 can of Seafoam, yes you read right and its not a typo.

Run the engine at idle for 10 minutes then shut it of and let it sit for a day. Keep repeating till you've used all the gas. This might have cleaned the carbs some but you'll have decarboned the engine for sure.