• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Finally forcasting below freezing temps for next week. Any bets on first fishable ice? Mine goes for November 27th.

better be by the 20,21 & 22nd of Dec. have reservations on low and red lake also. I'm ready ordered the new LX-5 this year still waiting for it also.

Is there going to be a Duluth forum "get-to-gether" like last year for first ice? Where are we going? DEC 4th is my guess.

Yes we will have a 1st Ice Gathering on Fish Lake again this winter. Most likely out of High Banks since Tim was such a gracious host last year. It will be more informal without prizes etc.

Well maybe a few to those who stick it out. grin.gif

I will post the exacts once we get a idea on when we will have safe ice etc.

I'll be along for that for sure, I will just have to make sure I don't get myself sick again.

Oh Yeah you can count on the Nut Brown again this year. Makes for nice slushies I hear. smirk.gif

i'm guessing we will be on the ice by nov 25th. last year i was making the ice sag on balsam lake on thanksgiving, don't think it will be quite that early but we can hope.

Cheffrey, I just noticed how close you are to 1000 posts, do us all a favor and don't waste it on one of your weak burns towards northlander. grin.gifblush.gif

my wife said she's not going unless she get's a atv ride again from Nothlander... That way she can hang on to his "love Handles".... waist grin.gif.... Strat (Dec 7th)

Apparently that won't be neccesary Quick others seem to do just fine. Its not that my burns are weak its just they get edited some how.

Just a note that last year we had the fish lake get together on December 18th, just a little over a month away.

we had been out for weeks by that time, snowmobiles everywhere and that (Contact US Regarding This Word) that drug his permy out with a TRUCK on 8 in of ice at the most!!!

WOW, nobody cuts that NL any slack. I took the week off work for deer hunting, but we were don at 9:30 this morning, 3 deer down. I shot a nice 8, and a doe, my buddy shot a spike, more venison than we need, but going to try the new sausage house down here. Dam, it's tough in a shotgun zone. The right place, the right time, and a lotta luck. Now I have all week off, and am going to have to come up and catch loopers. Steve, got any off your hot, fresh tied bags ?

Viking it seems like Crawlers are working better lately.

Im going to try some spawn sacks tomorrow and see if they work at all. One thing for sure I will have a Crawler on the other rod.

Good job on the deer by the way.

As far as those guys not cutting me any slack its because they have "Looper Envy"! Well at least Cheffrey. Quick got his. grin.gif

crawlers have defenetely been the ticket as of late, although i got a coho on spawn this evening and cheffrey lost a nice looper on spawn yesterday.