• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Does anyone up there know anything about a lake directly west of Kekakabik, called Shallow. Or, if you look on map it is a little NE of Snowbank, basically right on the Canadian Border. I am looking at some property in there. Thanks in advance..

Heck Yeah! I've got a Knife Lake cabin just 3 portages shy of Kek. My Aunt Dorthy used to run root beer there. If you ever get between Kek & Vera, south of the Border, visit me for some coffee. I'm on the East side of Shallow Lk. Next to the Sunny hole.

Heres the view from the front window: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/casaloma/ShallowLk.jpg

-Hermit

confused.gif

grin.gif

Casa-Thanks for reply... How is the fishing on shallow? Could I get through to deep as well? It looks like they are conncected by a stream of some sort.I could not pull up any info on DNR web about it. Any other homes/cabins on shallow? You can e-mail me [email protected]. with any info you can share... Thanks! Funny.. that pic looks like Hawaii??!!

grin.gifSeriously though, after STF sold me 40 Akers on Insula last year ( the check is in the mail ), I would suggest you don't give your good $$ away to anyone selling BWCAW land.

-Just A Thought

Last summer I bought some land Just north of Alice Lake in the BW. I got a heck of a deal, only $600,000 for 120 acres. All summer I have been logging it out, and hopefully by Summer of 2008 I can start my new snowmobile resort there!