• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

riverrat56

delta hunter

Hey, was wondering if you were going out tomorrow duck hunting or if you were going deer huntin?

deerhunting delta, sorry I didn't get back sooner, didn't even see a deer, plenty of ducks around the deer stand though, shoulda sat on the backwater instead of in the woods....

i was out on clear again, you didn't miss much. Me on the other hand I miss everything, I had a terrible day shooting. Only saw 3 ducks that came over the lake and all 3 came right to my spread and 9 shells later live to see another day! Saw a couple of flocks flying south of the southern shore! hopefully tomorrow will be another day!

I know the feeling delta, last saterday we shot like crap, got two shovlers, but that was out of a flock of 8 that came in, missed a group of mallards early, and then missed 2 seperate woodies, O well, I'll be back at it next weekend I think.

well hopefully it will be picking up here pretty soon. Was up north of brinerd deer hunting this weekend. my brother duck hunted wensday mornings and thrusday night and limited out in about 15 minutes. Friday I went with him we both limited out on blue bills and ring necks. Seen a TON of mallards but nothing would come in. So hopefully things pick up here. ( in case you didn't know I'm the kid with the green ranger that has been hunting out there a few times. I'll have to say high next time)

I was out there all day Sunday, got lost in the fog for awhile, but it payed off in the afternoon. I shot my limit on ringnecks. didn't even have to call they saw my spread way up in the sky and worked right in!

delta-I saw you driving today with your canoe in the back of the truck on the corner of 8th and jefferson, where you headed out hunting?

nope, I was heading to a job site! I never take the boat out of my truck, just in case I get off work early or whatever so that all I have to grab is my cloths and a gun and go!

Delta, will you be out hunting clear this weekend? I am busy today but I think tomorrow morning Catmaster and I will be out there.

Yep, it was really slow this morning! will be out there again tomorrow, I think I'm going to set up on the south east side of the point. Just because only using a trolling motor and with the winds going to be so strong tonight and tomorrow, it would get ugly!

Don't know where we will go yet, probally somewhere on the point, its windy out there right now I will tell you that much.

How did you do this morning Delta? We drove out their this morning but there was no way I was going out there in my boat.

2 drake mallards, redhead, and a couple megansers, between me and my brother-in-law! Should have had two limits, but I just got my new Nova yesterday and was quite in my comfort zone yet with it and my bro-in-law lost his bead on his gone and was haveing trouble lining up! birds were really touchy today, probably because they could just sit there and just hover over the spread for quite a long time!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey rat, you going to be out hunting this weekend? Just when out to the lake and it is open. It looked like there was some ducks out there but I didn't bring my binocs along so I couldn't get a close look!

I was there also yesterday and saw it was open. So I went out there this morning and there was already almost an inch of ice out there. And with the cold temps it'll even be more this weekend. Wish I could get out somemore but I don't have a field to hunt. Guess It's time to hang the gear up for the year.

Yeah, I stopped out there this afternoon and saw it was froze over again. Instead me and a couple of other guys are going to hunt a field about a half mile from clear. Hopefully we see something!