• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

crappies and few bass and yeah some eyes!!!

i have beed hittin Dog lake by winstead for some decent crappies.. Lets put it this way. The fish finder sometimes stops reading the bottom and reads the fish,they get so thick, also some nice northern in there. Just before Dog is Ida. Wow some nice eyes in there. Won't tell u evrything cuz its a small lake and it needs to stay that way.. lol..

ran into a guy out there with 7 lb bass. yeah 7 lbs. It was nice. The frogs are on the move and yes the temp is down to 45-49. But i'm telling hit the reeds for the bass and eyes and northerns. The crappies r in 20 to 25 ft and r suspended. although more seems to be moving shallow as the temp drops. Nothing to brag about on Dog but if u want some fillets---hey nothing beats a panfish supper.

Ida? Walleyes? Those two words don't go together. I have fished all the lakes you have listed for 15 years and Ida has never produced a walleye. As a matter of fact the DNR has never netted one out of there either. So if you are getting them out of there congrats. becasue I am sure nobody else has.

As for Dod, good crappie lake for 3-to-a pound fish, and the occasional 3 pounder as I nabbed early this spring.

fishingismylife,

Welcome to Fishing Minnesota

Occasionally I'll hear reports of large crappies on Dog Lake. I have ice-fished it a few times catching several small(about 8 inches) crappies each time out; I just haven't been fortunate to run into one of them giants. There are a few other notable lakes for some nice slabs within a five mile radius of this area as well. We just put the boat away this weekend so it’s all ice-fishing for me from here on out for the next several months. Good luck on what’s left of the soft water.

now when I say eyes ida, its not alot. this summer during the evening was the best those calm nights warm breeze. yeah hit a few nice 2-3 pounders. nothing to brag about far and few between bought they are there.--anyhoot i have yet to catch the 3 pounder on dog-crappie that is-but yeah 8-10 inches all over there. like i said nothin to brag about on dog-but heck how about them northerns---got to love dog for those--and wow check this out -was out with a buddie firhin crappie and pivked a 5 pound largemouth in 16 ft of water.

anyways good fishin to u all---dog and God hit me good fishin in there this spring summer and fall--yep thats right right ready for ice and snow!!