• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Gopher Hockey........

redlake

The gophers aren't even the number one team in Minnesota. What a terrible start. Alaska just whipped them up and down on their own ice. Wow. Not even ready for the home opener. Not by a long shot. I watched both games and goaltending is going to be a huge problem for the little gophers. If it isn't football it is hockey. What a choke weekend.

I have to say, way to go Bemidji State hockey. They have really played well thanks to two future NHL goalies in Layne Sevedie and Matt Climie. These two guys are the best goaltenders in Minnesota. Yes, that is Duluth, Mankato, St. Cloud, and the Gophers. Bemidji State is going to make some noise this year. Look out.

I would also like to see an all Minnesota Tournament at Christmas time. You could have the 5 teams in Minnesota, have it at the Excel Energy Center, and how cool would that be? Give the gophers a bye and play a five team tourney. The battle of Minnesota. The Excel would sell out big time. You would get huge attendance from St. Cloud, Duluth, Mankato, and Bemidji. All for bragging rights of the land of 10,000 lakes.

If you want to watch a real team, come watch the Bemidji State Beavers coached by Tom Serratore, one of the best coaches in the college game. Or watch the Sioux, where they have some tradition and toughness to back up their legacy of winning National Championships.

Quote:

C - H - O - K - E - R - S Chokers, Chokers, eeeeaaaaahhh, CHOKERS!! Gopher hockey is a joke and so is their number one ranking.

You must have forgotten about the two National Championships that Minnesota has won in the last four years... the other two years they were in it til the end as well. I see you've made 8 posts to this point, I hope the other seven sounded less bitter than this one. I route for BSU as they are a small MN school, but the Sioux is another deal all together. You can keep throwing names at Minnesota if it makes you feel better or just go and hammer down another gallon of whatever it was you were drinking (fire water) when you made your last post. grin.gif

Buzzsaw,

I take back the chokers thing. That was a little over the top.

But, it doesn't change you. You are the epitome of a gopher hockey fan. Arrogant. Brash. Marked by or arising from a feeling or assumption of one's superiority toward others.

And, you need to be cut down a notch. I might just be the person for it.

The Gophers, with all their talent, should have won more than two cups. They under-achieve and that is no under-statement. I wish BSU was playing the golden boys this year, they would go down. Watch BSU, Buzzsaw, and see how we do up in Grand Forks this year. Probably better than the Goph's. We have goaltending.

You keep throwing that fire water at me and I will keep tabs on your goaltending.

I see you have made over 2000 posts. That doesn't make you any better than me, Buzzsaw. You really are something.

Via Con Dios, Amigo.

Quote:

I wish BSU was playing the golden boys this year, they would go down

Who's brash and arrogant??? hmmm, I got an educated fellow on the line. I'm sure the national pollsters know more about college hockey than you both you and I so I'm sure using your logic... the Beavers will be ranked higher after this past weekend.

woo, we do not talk about my beloved gophers that way!!!!!i grew up watching them since i was a little gopher pup!!!!!they are my team and i'll defend them till i die!!!!!! i get to see them at St.cloud on october 28th, its gonna be shibby!!!!

Hey Red Lake what is the latest on a stadium for the Beavers?

Sounds like you know a little about College hockey and are a big fan, you should tone down the Rhetoric "sp?" so we don't have to put you on are our ignore list so early in the season you could be good addition to the hockey forum.

Peirbridge,

You are right. I can tone it down. I am new to this forum and I enjoy beating on the gophers a tad.

The hockey stadium for BSU is a tough one. It is hard to get the money for an arena-convention center when we have so many needs for education and well-fare issues. This is a very poor county and millions of dollars on a rink will be a very sticky proposal. We have very little middle class in the Bemidji area with there being a lot of poverty.

But, we are trying, believe me.

The mayor of Bemidji is Richard Lehman. Before that it was Doug Peterson.

Doug Fuller was in the house of representatives, but now it is Frank Moe. Doug Fuller was for the new arena. Moe is against it.

I'll name drop again for you... I graduated from Hopkins with Doug Fuller... class of 86' Hopkins... he's a big fisherperson.

The Riley Riddell situation at BSU won't help this years team will it? Plus they lost Bryce Methven who was a stud defenseman.... we will see if they even beat out Niagara for the league title.... whom they lost to in the CHA championship game last year.

Quote:

Peirbridge,

I am new to this forum and I enjoy beating on the gophers a tad.

Nothing wrong with beating on our Goldy Gophers were use to it.... grin.gif

Money sure is tight these days, I thought there was some original funding in place, and isn't there a stiplation on being a division 1 school that you need a certain amount of seats in your building I sure hope they can make it happen.

I like your idea of the Minnesota only tourney, although everytime we play another Minny school it appears it;s the SUPER BOWL to them whats up on that why does everybody hate on us..... grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

So you say the Beav's have 2 NHL quality goalies maybe one can transfer our way, how about the rest of the NCCA tourney squad everybody back or almost everbody?

Later PierBridge.

PierBridge,

Yes, I tell you, these two goalies are special.

Matt Climie is a 6'3" 200 pounder that reminds me a Eddie Belfore. Very quick and that big body is hard to get the puck past. Butterfly style. He has that attitude that says "You are not scoring on me today" This kid is only a Sophmore.

Layne Sedive is a 5'9" North Dakota boy who is quick as a cat! He is a Junior. Might have the best glove-blocker combination since Frank Pieterangelo. (That was for you Buzzsaw)

Enjoy the Season!

I'm looking forward to seeing a few Beavs games this year. It was fun to watch them knock off UMD and MSU. However, I can't get too excited about seeing the likes of Alabama Huntsville and Robert Morris in an OK high school arena. I think the talent is there, but there CHA conference is struggling and they have mediocre competition at best. None-the-less, they should be a fun squad to watch and could make waves in March. They need that arena.

Went out to ND Thursday morning and came back Sunday afternoon. We saw a lot of birds and had some good luck.

Good to hear somebody is doing well. I've been turned onto another good spot south of Prior Lake that has Woodies, Mallards and Geese. I'm heading there this saturday morning.

wabishkie ginu