• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Total reward is now $200+ the shock collar valued around $200 as well.

Today after hunting a patch of wma right north of Alberta, MN my two year old yellow lab was struck by a passing truck. I dont think it hurt her real bad but it was enough to mix her up a little bit and take off. We lost track of her after she entered a small woodlot and searched for four hours only to find nothing. She is fairly new to hunting but did real well today only to have the hunt end like this. If anyone has any information or finds her I would GREATLY appreciate a phone call. There is a 100 dollar reward for information on her return. She has a camo collar as well as a black shock collar around her neck so she will be easy to recognize if found. I know its a small chance but I have been taking any considerations to potentially find her. If any information at all please call my # at 218-289-1383 and ask for Chuck or leave a voicemail.

Thanks,

Chuckster

Chuckster,

I feel really bad about your loss. I really hope for the best for you and your dog. I know what it is like to loose a friend like that. My dog took off after a guy who came up on are yard kicked her cause she was sniffing him. She came back a day and a half later. Best wishes.

Froggy

Chuck-

I hope you find your dog. Maybe you've done this already, but make sure to notify all of the people who live in that area.

Good luck.

Chuckster, If you haven't already done it try to contact the farmers in the area. With all the combining going on I am guessing someone will come across your lab. Another thing to do would be contact the bar 1.320.324.7521 and the Cargill elevator in Alberta 1.800.324.7461. I am sure they would be willing to put the word out.

Good Luck.

sorry to hear about that...best of luck in finding your dog. Keep us posted.

SA/wdw

Any info would be great. My mom has been down there all day looking and talking to local farmers and business'. Let me know as soon as possible if you have any info. Until then we will keep our fingers crossed.

Just a thought, try laying down your old coat or something in the area you were hunting in or last saw her at, one time when my dad was younger his dog ran off while down in Iowa pheasent hunting, he looked for along time but couldn't find her, finally he layed down his coat at the area they parked, in the morning he came back and she was curled up in it, slim chance I know but maybe worth consideration.

first of all, I hope you find your dog. But I was in Nodak last weekend and my group were pheasant hunting and we had 2 blockers/posters standing on the end of the small patch of field and came along a Pointer came looking around and hunting, looking for pheasants and actually pointed and 2 roosters got up but was quite a ways out while we started walking but a truck drove by and saw a kennel in the back. It looked like it was looking for his dog, then after the walk a truck came by and we asked but it wasnt theirs. I hope the dog finds its owner, looked like a great hunting dog. Off it went running all over looking for more pheasants, I dont know if it was recovered? But best of luck on finding your dog.

Riverrat has a good suggestion. Part of my misspent youth was running coonhounds. I had a neverbeenwashed army jacket that I wore hunting. It smelled like me A LOT. With a lost dog, just lay it where you last were and they'd often be there the next morning. I wish you luck finding your dog.

These are all great suggestions. I just dont know how hard she was hit by the truck and if thats what caused her to run off. I would like to hear from woodcock again and see if he figured anything out or if it was just a false alarm. Again, any more information is greatly appreciated and the reward still stands.

Sorry to hear about your loss, once we were pheasant hunting in so. dak and had a dog mix up with a skunk it took off and couldn't find it all afternoon. We put out his portable kennel over night, and he came back to it and was there when we got there the next mornig. Worth a try. Good luck.

chuck, i'd like to add to your pot. if its ok with you i'd like to donate another $100 for your reward. long story short, i got a reward band this weekend and since i didn't have the money to begin with, im not gonna miss it. plus i'd like to put it to a better cause than buying more stuff i don't need.

sorry to hear about your dog..........loc9

Now thats a very unselfish thing to do. I am glad we have people out there like that. Way to go. Hope the dog is returned.

Wow, that is very awesome!!! I really dont know what to say other then you generousity is greatly appreciated. I truly appreciate that.

My buddy went back down there again today and searched the same spot for the fourth day in a row. He managed to get a couple roosters while he was at it. His dog was the other one with mine at the time of the accident so we were thinking maybe a scent would come about.

All of the local farmers have been notified as well as area town business'. Im still hoping that one of the farmers will find her since there is a lot of activity with beets/corn harvest going on these last few days. I just cant give up hope yet but I sure do miss my buddy.

I also forgot to mention her name is Baylee and that I am willing to give the shock collar to the person that finds her as well.

Total reward is now $200+ the shock collar valued around $200 as well.

I sure hope she shows up somewhere soon.

I cant imagine the feelings of loss to this point.

Very hard I am sure.

I know how much my dogs mean to myself and the family.

That right there is about as cool as a guy gets Loc9!

Thanks for restoring a little faith in humanity!!!

Loc9,

What an unbridled act of kindness. Just another reason that you guys make this site what it is..... A great site to call home

Loc9, nice gesture! you obviously don't play Vikings football!

excuse my ignorance, but what is a reward band?

Geeze, I can't imagine the feeling. I sure hope this will have a happy ending. I will be thinking of both you and the dog. Best of luck.

"hooks"

what a guy loc9!

~a $100 reward band is rare, but on some of the birds the USFWS bands each year they put on a reward band as well as the regular band under the assumption that anyone who shoots that bird will almost certainly call it in to claim their $100. Basically it is a statistical tool because it ensures that given this variable, they can get just about 100% of the responses.

Chuckster, I might be heading out to Morris this Sat. as it is Homecoming at UMM and I'm an Alumni. If I do I will put the word out, I know alot of people out in that area and I will talk to as many of them as I can!

Well I just had a turn of events. A farmer called me tonight and said that my dog was around his yard today but she was so scared he could not get close to her. My mom is currently on the way to go look for her and I am sure if nothing is found tonight that I will be down there tomorrow. May have to take a sick day ooo.gif Hopefully she will be back on the couch within the weekend. I'm pretty pumped and will post the results soon. I want to continue to thank everyone for their support as this has been a bit hard for me and I know that I am definitely not the first person to have tihs happen to them.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Thats great news Chuckster.

loc, THANKS!

Chuckster I hope you find your dog very very soon. Let us know how it winds up.

That is great news that someone has spotted. If I were in your shoes a sick day is absolutely in order. Trust me school is secondary to a dog anyday of the week. Good Luck with the search, when I lose my dog around the neighborhood I get concerned, hope she is found safe and sound. -FT

False Alarm

I am from Wheaton originally and one of my buddies found a dog in the woods. They called around and got the word out but nobody has called back. The dog they found is a black lab with a purple collar. Sorry to get your hopes up, I thought it was a sure thing. I'm back there every weekend so I will keep an eye out and ask around. Don't give up hope, it's a very small town atmosphere back there and if anyone has heard anything, I will probably get word of it.