• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Windy and Commancho

crappieflop1212

Things sure are looking good for the pale hose. But watch out for this thing.

rally_monkey.jpg

MY GOD!! That monkey brings back horrible nightmares!! Of course the Angels played us with their ace in the lineup in that fateful series. hmmmm

More random thoughts...

Garrett Anderson is a scary specimen!!

Podsednik lost his magic basestealing shoes!

Benji Molina has a gun!

The White Sox better know how to bunt/play small ball.

You may see the Angels doing this to the White Sox tonight...

image.gif

Francisco Rodriguez looks like this if your a White Sox fan.

ghost-rider1.jpg

I cant understand how such a rested team can lose to a beat-up and tired team...it should have been a blow out tonite.

I suppose playoff experience may have something to do with it. But I still say the hose have a better roster. Should be a fun series.

I can hear Windy already "Contreras had won 9 in a row, whadda ya expect?"

We'll see how his other CyY candidate fairs tonight. Sure do wish they could rest more between games, but we know the TV money does the talking. I also wish they could play in better temps - not fair to either team being so chilly.

Not to make excuses for anyone, but Contreras pitched a good game. The rest of the team didn't help him out. As I saw it, he made 2 mistakes. First the homerun ball and secondly with men on first and third, he got a ball hit back to him and he threw to second when he should have thrown home and he would have had the guy dead at home as he was running from contact. JMO

Yeah, Swamp, very hard to believe the pros make mistakes just like L Leaguers do.

Hey Buzzy,

How bout an avitar of my beloved Pale Hose, "Spanking The Monkey", The RALLY MONKEY, that is!

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD...YES!

OK,

But you have to promise me you will look for one of that (Contact US Regarding This Word) rally monkey getting spanked. Kind of like your purple hippo! Any thoughts on tonight's games. I have to go with Big Fat Freddie, the proud new poppa. I think the kid, Santana, will start off hot but may get a few of those 97 mph fastballs up and you know the Sox love to deposit high fastballs into the bleachers. I think the Astros may suprise the Cards in this one, Clemmens may catch lightning in a bottle again. So I will say, Sox 6 Halos 2 and Astros 5 Cards 3.

What a great day of sports, USC, National League and then American League, it don't get no better that this!

Been away awhile and just got the news...looks like a WS in Chi-town. I had been in the Angels corner but now know they didn't show up. Actually, the Sox pitching has been a C Young award-winning performance.

Congrats to Jim and Windy, you hung in for the duration and now will probably be rewarded. No fun for me watching the Sox knowing they will win (nyuk, nyuk).

PS I have an ex-staff member who is a huge Astros fan so I'm gonna have to get my smack talk ready to put him in his place while the Sox whip some Astro butt. Long time since we had a Chicago-champion sans-Jordan. Hey, didn't Jordan play for the Sox? And isn't he in Reinsdorf's corner? Kind of spooky I think! Didn't see that one coming.

KUdos to all W-SOX fans.

It takes alot to get to this point. I didn't think this would happen, but, COngrats!!!!

Let's see if you can do something a CHI town baseball team hasn't done in long while.

Usually cheer for the AL in the Series.

Tough to cheer for the W-Sox--- but if you guys get it done,, you deserve it and more so. would be nice seeing the stros (who have never won it since their inception in 1961 or 1962, and by the way, never been to the WS, and the SOX,,, you know their story.

Windy-

I have to agree on your sports day take of SAt. What a day!!!!

Michigan/ Penn ST. MINN/WI and the USC game was something else. Couldn't Reggie Bush play RB right now in the NFL??? I thought USC was toast, but 28 and going.

Stros are tough, I think the Cards may be done after all the injuries they have taken, but been wrong more than right.

I want to congratulate the Sox on the victory last night, the blue print winning performance carried over from Game 4 to Game 5, Konerko is incredible. Starting pitching was dominant as well. I think they can close it out today, get em paloe's!

Now on too my beloved Cardinals.. Today they must win, I think we were very lucky to beat Pettite in St.Louis and the guy whom did the most damage was Reggie Sanders and he and Nunez will both probably play hurt. I feel that they have managed to play through injuries all season and still found away to win. The challenge is right there in front of them and the time is now.

CNY Tim,

I hated to pick against you yesterday but the stats just shouted for an Astro win. Clemens is too tough right now and Morris is lacking a bit. I called it 5-3 Strohs and was off by one run. I also called my Pale Hose 6-2, didn't think they would score 8 but I'll take it.

I tell you guys, love them or hate them (and I know most of you fall into the later) the Sox pitching staff has written the record books in this series. Can you believe that they are two batters short of 4 complete games? That just doesn't happen in today's game. You have got to give them their props, and I know CNY Tim does. I tell you what, I think the most dominant pitcher on the Sox right now is the only one to lose in this series and will be taking the mound tonight. He scares me, he is "wicked bad" as they say in Boston. I got to think that the Sox will have another extended rest after today because I think the Red Birds will bounce back today and I also think that series will be going "the full monty". Thoughts, comments??? Get those Doms and Krystal chilled tonight boys, the Cohibas are already in the humidor.

POP goes the Krystal

PUFF goes the Cohiba

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD....YES!

From a White Sox basher--- CONGRATS!!!! You beat a great team and beat them honestly, don't take any slack about the Game 2 deal. Might sound like I'am switching, but, if the Stros win Game 5-6or 7--- you will face pretty good pitching in 3 likely Hall of Fame pitchers at least 4 times.

The way the SOX are playing thou--- I wouldn't put it past them. The only thing you have agst you--- that town hasn't won it all in B-ball since 1917. Who will be the Steve Bartman of the W-SOX games????

I would have fired up a Macunudo or Montecristo... but hey, a Cohiba is fine. Congrats again! You guys talk alot orf smack here and sometimes it's a pain... but your squad put up and now "we" have to give props... I think the Astro's or Cardinals will put up a better fight than either AL team you guys trounced.

Did I hear correctly that Konerko was MVP? Maybe I missed too much of the series, but my money would have been on Jordan...oops, I mean Crede.

I think I should have just kept pheasant hunting this weeked and not come back to the office. I didnt check the internet, read the paper or listen to any sports since friday. We shot our limit both days so nothing to complain there.

But I have no regrets now, not being able to watch any college football on sat, except the USC game, sounded like it was pretty good. Gophers blew it, looks like the sox manhandled the angels, regardless on game 2, looks like the sox were by far the better team.

Didnt watch any NFL games yesturday, dont know any details of the Vikes game, but if it was as bad as the score said, I dont think I want to know.

Astros are really surprising me, as much as I want the cards in the series, would like them to wrap it up. Sox will have the advantage going in with atleast a day or 2 of extra rest.

Congrats sox fans, you certainly have earned it. Not sure who I want to win, just want to see some good baseball and have the series go atleast 6 games.

Again congrats white sox, and may the best team win.

Buzz,

If it was the Bears winning the Super Bowl with Mike Ditka, I would have made it a Mac and if it was the Bulls winning the NBA Title 6 Times with Air Jordan it would have been a Monte but with the Cuban wonder, Contreras as well as Ozzie, Garcia, Uribe, Perez, Ozuna, it just had to be a Cohiba, and the illegal ones to boot! It just had to be. Anyway, thanks for the props, looking forward to a great series. Tix are going for $5,000 each already for game one and two! Makes for an awful hard choice for the season tix holders!

No wonder why it was only $3.99 a bottle. Sorry for the typo Sled.