• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Congrats to the White Sox and Windy....

mnwild

Well they finally wrapped up the division title today beating the Tigers 4-2, congrats goes out the the White Sox and the fans on here. Maybe now we will see Windy back on here. Now its time to see what they will do in the playoff's.

Mike & Mike this morning said that the Sox now have nothing else to play for after winning the division and they can rest their players against Cleveland. I disagree, why not wrap up home field throughout the playoffs by winning at least one more game. The Yankees can still end up with 97 wins, if they win out of course. Congrats to the White Sox and Windy.

Thanks Wild. Sorry for the short vacation I took from the board but I had to focus all my energies on my beloved Pale Hose. I did not want any of the negativity seeping through my computer and getting on any of the Sox victories so I bit my tongue and held off the smack while my boys did battle. And what a quiet and boring board it was for that week. I was reading but not writing...Well boys, you can get back to the smack. Wild excluded, since he has the stones to post, who are you all gonna cheer for once the Injuns are eliminated from post season play as I predicted in my earlier post. Will you be Yankee fans...Angel fans...BoSox fans...OR MAYBE YOU WILL ALL BE "ABC" Fans...Anybody But Chicago! Let her rip boys.

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD....YES!

Thanks Rat,

I agree. I look for my boys to take at least two out of three from the Injuns. We put a call in to the Cy Young Candidate Mr. McClung and found out how to pitch to the Injuns. Don't be surprised if the Sox sweep the Injuns out of the playoffs completely.

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD...YES!

And just think they will probably select either Garland or Buehrle for the AL CY Young, I doubt Colon will get it. I would like to see Buehrle receive the award he deserves it.

Quote:

MNWild, you crack me up! I can smell a setup a mile away!

Actually Buzz he's not joking. frown.gif

I would vote Santana, Rivera, Colon.

Good Job Windy Glad you made it through that ordeal anything can happen in the Playoffs. grin.gif

Windy,

Held back the smack? - like after the Sox lost the first 2 to the Kitties? You had so much to say? Sheesh......

I can only say that you must enjoy knowing you have the Twin's to thank for the title...losing 3 of 4 last series was too big for the Sox to give back to the Indians so late in the year. Good ending and so since the Sox won the most games, they get to keep playing, so-

Any playoff tix available?

PS How about a Sox/Padres series?

Quote:

Actually Buzz he's not joking

FOR REAL?! C'MON.

Quote:

Held back the smack? - like after the Sox lost the first 2 to the Kitties? You had so much to say? Sheesh......

No kidding! Who does he think he's kidding? I just wish he could for ONCE just say it like it is. It would sound like this: I can't believe we held onto that gigantic 15 game lead by the skin on our teeth! We almost blew it, heck I thought we were going to, but now that were in I'm going to act like a horses arse... oops I didn't write that did I?! Really I'm just happy that we won the division and have a chance to play in the playoffs, it's been too long and we Chicogoans really deserve the opportunity to see if we can finally consistantly sell out the worst outdoor baseball park in the league. I think we can do it, even though Cub fans are far more loyal than we are! I have to go back to Commanche Jims bar now so I can have another pint of 180 proof truth serum... I'll check back later.

Sincerely,

Jeckly/Windy Hyde wink.giftongue.gif

And now you know why they say "the truth hurts".

Yep, if Windy had at least left like Jim did by acknowledging his desire not to post for fear of hexing his team, but nope - it was too easy for him to just sit by and wait it out. Time WAS on his side after all and my Cubbies still are wearing the collar in Chi-town.

To Buzzy and Geno, the two boys who seem to love to suckle on the Injun "johnson". Geno, here is the real truth, so sit back, relax and strap it down and read on mi amigo!

Buzzy, thanks for trying to put words into my mouth, Paul Winchel, but I can come up with words of my own....And away we go!

Boy, I can't believe my Sox are off to such a hot start. It's great because every game we win in April, May and June is one we won't have to worry about winning in August and September. Boy, I can't believe the Sox are still going so hot and it's almost the All-Star break. Wow, when are the Twinkies going to get off their dead anal cavities and start playing some baseball. Oh well, time to go on vacation for two week to Minnesota. I hope the Sox don't start to slide like all the Twinkie fans are saying they will. Boy, had a great time in Minnesota and the Sox are still doing great, where's the slide everybody predicted. Wow, the Sox clinched their division and with no batter hitting over .295. Wow, they must have some great pitching and great defense and some great team speed to be the best team in the American League FROM THE FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON TO THE LAST!!!

But you have to remember the Cardinals, the greatest team since the 27 Yankees. Boy they are sure to be way ahead of the pitiful Sox. Boy, Buzzy is right, THE CARDINAL ARE A WHOPPING 1 GAME (that's o-n-e game ahead of the Sox in wins this year) Wow, the Indians are playing out of their minds, going about .750 since the All-Star break, surly they will pass the Sox like a grandma in a Ford Taurus on the expressway. What's this, the Devil Rays are schooling the Tribe. And then the bell tolls.....MC CLUNGGGGGGG! For whom the bell tolls...It tolls for thee Injuns. Sox are crowned Central Division Champs (and only one day later that I predicted about a month ago, imagine that) Wow, I am sure glad the Sox didn't keep their 15 game lead and steam roll into the Playoffs like the Cardinals did last year only to get beat in the Series. I'm sure glad they went through a dry spell now, I'm glad Dustin had a dry spell otherwise we would have never discovered Bobby Jenks as the phenom kid closer. Wow, things could not be coming together any better. Whether they win or lose in the playoffs things have really went exactly as I hoped.....AND ALL THE TWINKIE LOVERS FEARED!

YOU CAN PUT THAT ON THE BOARD....YES!

Rundrave,

You seem to have something against the moniker of "Twinkie" for your beloved Twins. Correct me if I am wrong but when I see replays from that hell hole of a stadium you call the "baggie dome" (or is that wrong too?) I see dozens of those "inbred fans" wearing boxes of Twinkies on their heads. I guess this is a poor mans version of the cheese wedge that the "cheese heads" wear in Green Bay. If you don't like the moniker then don't embrace it so much. I have even seen your fans wearing shirts with the "Twinkie Guy" on it. What's the dilio, Drave? Do you like to be called Twinks or not? Twins fans...VOTE NOW!

Pier,

I'm not as think as you drunk I am!

Congratulations to the White Sox for making it to the big playoff dance. You guys made thing's interesting down the stretch and I was off one day with my prediction for the Paloe's to clinch a playoff appearance. The Cardinals haven't had much to play for over the past couple of weeks since they clinched the division early and already clinched homefield through out the NLCS. There starters are rested and set to start the post season and the line up should look like this....

Eckstein

Edmonds

Pujhols

Walker

Sanders

Grudz

Nunez

Molina

Pitcher

Yes, Tim, the Sox made it interesting by being average - as most of us know they really are (except maybe against the second division).

Chew that cabbage twice, Windy. Whopping, or not, you were off - so please just play some more rope-a-dope. You're darn good at that.

Quote:

Thanks Rat,

I agree. I look for my boys to take at least two out of three from the Injuns. We put a call in to the Cy Young Candidate Mr. McClung and found out how to pitch to the Injuns. Don't be surprised if the Sox sweep the Injuns out of the playoffs completely.

GOD, I love it when a plan comes together! 4-3 Sox Win Sox Win