• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Whisker Bisket

Young Gun

I went to Cabelas and bought a Whisker Bisket and put it on, sighted it in and I am not very accurate. Before I got my Whisker Bisket I had a double prong arrow rest and I was able to put 2 out of 3 shots in a 4 inch circle. Now I can only put 2 out of 3 shots in the vitals from 30 yards. I dont know if somethings wrong with it. Im going to give it one more week and if I dont feel I've improved im going back to my old rest.

I have heard that you get an inconsistent flight pattern past thirty yards, but a lot of people swear by them, so to each thier own, if your looking for a rest that will keep your arrows from falling out, try looking at a rip cord drop away, fifty five dollars and will keep your arrows from falling out when you need it the most. Hope that helps.

I'd double check both the vert and horiz positioning of the rest to make sure everything lines up correctly.

I'd get your bow into a shop and have them fine tune it for ya. I was shooting at the shop last week and a couple of guys had the whisker bisket and swore by em'!

I think once you get it set up right, you will find that it will work for you too.

I went to scheels and was going to buy a wiskerbisket but they told me if i want to shoot real consistant to buy a complete drop away rest, AND I LOVE IT, Best rest i ever bought.

My buddy had the biscuit and was very consistant at 40 yrds. 3-4" groups. That being said he purchased the ripcord drop-away rest and now he's splintering arrows.....

Don't get me wrong, drop away rest are great. I too have a trophy taker DA and love it!

A guy at the range was saying all he does is stalk hunt and for his purposes the whisker biscut is the next best thing since slice bread! He can have his bow in any position and always have that arrow laying nice and straight for any opportunity that might present itself.

The theory is sound................

Oh for sure, if i was a hunter that stalked deer, i would also want a wisker bisket, i don't think there is anything wrong with them, i just love my drop away, simply becuase i hunt out of a stand and i don't have to worry about my rest holding my arrow while i walk around.

Andrew

I had one of those pieces of #$%^ for a while. All I can say is wait until it is cold out and see how much you like it when it sounds like finger nails on a chalk board when you draw. Junk!

I've hunted plenty of times with both of mine when it was cold out & never had that happen. Do you shoot aluminum or carbon? I've only shot carbon since I got my first bisket.

I love my bisket. To me it's a great no messin around, nothings going to go wrong, accurate, and tough hunting rest. I do have some draw noise with "buff Tuff" arrow finishes but not a plain black carbon shaft. My Beaman ICS hunters are silent even in January. MY CX Terminators "buff tuff" do make some noise although not much.

I'm down to 4 ICS hunters now. grin.gif I should keep to the 5 spot. (groups look so pretty though) I think the rest is very accurate. cool.gif

I have drop zone drop away rest and love it. I just helped my Nephew pick out a bow that was equipped with a whisker bisket and after paper tuning it I can shoot 4 inch groups at 40 yards. Before I would toss it out you should get your bow paper tuned and then try it. I see a lot of benefits with the whisker bisket especially for a novice shooter as my nephew is.

i have a biscuit and i love mine. i stand hunt and ground hunt half and half, so naturally i went with a buscuit. i can get pie plate groups at thiry and i can put four arrows into a clay bird at 20 so accuracy isnt a problem. but as i work to extend my range i bet a drop away would help me splinter my arrows as well.

The biscuits come with several sizes of holes now so a person has to be careful when grabbing the package off the rack. Generally the carbons will shoot very well thru the small hole.

Love my WB. I took a 10 pointer at 37 yards a couple years ago with complete pass through. I'll never hunt with any other rest.