• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Mississippi River by HWY 61 south and 494

Is there a spot you can shore fish at all by this area. The reason I'm asking is (of course I don't have a boat) because last month I saw on Star Tribune on their "Fishing extra" this guy caugth a trophy size Walleye. He was fishing in the Mississippi and said you can actually see the 494 bridge ahead.

I would love to find a spot that I can use some plastic twister tail grubs or Deep diving Rapalas, without much tangling or getting caugth on the bottom.

Any help would be nice, is it true not to eat fish from the Mississippi????

If you walk upriver from the ramp, there is some rip rap below some railroad tracks that can have some decent fishing.

It is not illegal to eat fish from the Miss, many do it. However-that water is Pool 2 and it 100% catch and release for walleye, sauger, LM and SM bass.

Pool 2 might be the best walleye fishing in MN, bar none. Just dont tell anyone.

Ok so I guess I'm kind of young and new to all of this fishing but where can I find where pool 1 and pool 2 is. Anybody got's a link they can post up for me.

wow I didn't know all walleye caught in the Mississippi has to be released.

Only Pool 2 walleye.

Pool 1: Coon Rapid Dam to Ford Dam

Pool 2: Ford Dam to Hasting Dam (C&R for eyes and bass)

Pool 3: Hasting Dam to Redwing Dam

Pool 4: Redwing Dam to Alma (open year round for eye harvest)