• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Smallmouth report

Mr. Pike1

I am slowly becoming a river rat. The river offers great sport fishing and for the most part very little boat traffic. We got out at about 3:00 and as soon as we hit the water had 4 smallies with the largest being 17". Right at that moment the thunder hit and rain followed. We tucked in under a bridge to ride out the storm. I was concerned about the fishing post storm and muddied water. My concern quickly turned to excitement as we found a sand bar that had drawn in the baitfish and the smallmouth. overall I would guess 500-75 smallmouth were boated by me and my fishing partner. Many more could have been caught but there were many times that both of us were out of hte water due to equipment issues. We each had 8 poles but still found ways to have unexpected down time. Tubes were by far the best producer. That was followed by the Senko, and tiger crank bait. Live bait and Mepps spinners also produced nubmers of fish. Anyway a great 5 hours on the water with the largers smallies going 19"!!!! I am hoping to get into some 20-22" pigs this fall.