• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St. Cloud-Sartell Team Magnet Sept 10 (Sat)

smallie_hawgin

Well fellas I'm out. The lady already "has plans" for the weekend... you all know how that goes wink.gif. Good luck everyone.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Christianson

• Royce Aardahl

• HawgTide

• MSRiverdog

Getting closer.

Any more drop outs or add ins????

Anyone have a deep fryer? I have some catfish I can cook up.

I have one you can borrow if you want it. I know a good, but expensive BBQ Caterer that has an opening on Saturday. grin.gif

Go fishing all morning, only to come back to lunch ready for us????

You gonna do that again?

Dang, thats awfully nice of ya.

Southern hospitality at its best! grin.gif

Well I might fish the river closer to home, so I still should be eligible to win the Magnet right? It the same river.

I'll bring 15 deer polish for somebody to inhale wink.gif(yes blb you can have a couple). Small gas grill also. Buns, ketchup, BBQ sauce. HT a 20 incher takes the magnet wherever or whenever if memory serves me right. I havn't broke 19 since the first part of july!

I'll let you have some catfish too eyeguy... tongue.gif

I have 10 fillets from cats around 20 inches. I thought I had another bag. Still a decent batch.

HT

I sent you an email about your cooker.

I think you own the magnet if you got a 20 incher.... and if you did, GOOD JOB DUDE! But this is a tough bunch so we'll have to wait on the verdict from all. Not sure what we all decided on last year, I'm getting older by the minute ya know grin.gif.

Well if you don't show up your table will. grin.gif I'll bring a cooler full of ice and some chips.

Make note of this, "the Riverdog is gonna get up to go fishing." History say's it's gotta be for Musky but I can change, maybe. grin.gif

Hey HT..........I know you got a measuring trough....did you put that 20" in there, and do the double pinch and take a photo? PS. Where is the photo of that baby we're all waiting for? frown.gif

Fonz...I'm assuming by your post that you mailed me one, but I never received it. Can you check the tracking information? I knew you said that you were going to send it ASAP, but I just assumed something came up and you forgot about it. Dang!

Yep, I got one just over 20" yesterday. I was with my 5 year old and he snapped this shot while sitting in the bottom of the boat(the water was rough). Not bad for a 5yr old, but it's hard to appreciate the size of this fish from this photo. The point is moot, because tomorrow a new Smallie Magnet is crowned! I'll be out a little in the morning close to home. I'm on call and have to be a little closer to the Twin Cities than St Cloud.

000002339ih.jpg

RiverDog, I'll run into you soon, or else feel free to use it or keep it. I appreciate you taking it for me.

Well, I'll bring the fish cooker and some dogs. Assume it will be BYO drinks. We did mark the channel.... but, I think some of the jugs cut loose or are under water...... confused.gif We'll figure something out to get those that want to go through. Anyway BLB and I were thinkin' finish fishing by 1:00pm and have the BBQ so we can finish up around 3:30 PM.... Either way, hopefully we'll see y'all around 07:30 Wilson Park in East St. Cloud/Sauk Rapids. Here is how tho get there MAP

Now that's a nice fish! Went to a movie at 7:15 and I didn't see any jugs in the water ( no comment fonz) wink.gif as I went over the river but probably hard to see from up there speeding to get to the movie on time. Looks like a hot and breezy day so fishin should be dandy!

See ya tomorrow guys.

Looking forward to it.

Anyone else sneaking in???

Man, we had such a good list not long ago. Now its looking like 4 boats????? Cripes.

Oh well, I still plan on getting a 20 tomorrow.... crazy.gif

madmax, riverdog,dirtydog,redneckkid,eyeguy,biglakebass,smalliehawgin,fonz and brian made the outing today. blb and sh took the team magnet with the best total for 5 fish(sh will have the # of inches) I think around 93?, and after some leg wrestling between fonz and blb, blb took the smally magnet traveling trophy. both had a 19 1/4 incher for big fish. eating was great again with some cats by blb and deer sausage by me. another great day on the water with some good peoples! more pics from the guys should be up soon.

img05591vm.jpg

img05543kr.jpg

img05573pj.jpg

img05564rm.jpg

img05585ci.jpg

img05614ij.jpg

Guys, You have no idea I much I want to be there!

Congrats to SH/BLB and Fonz.

Maybe there is time for one more Magnet tourney?

Eyeguy it seems had double vision today, it's an old guy thing, I understand fully. grin.gif

eyeguy091005.jpg

These are 3.8 megs each, but fun

The best part of the leg wrestling

And the Smallie Magnet winner is BLB

As always everyone had a great time. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif Todays cook and a big "THANK YOU" to BLB, and assistant SH with the Super Fryer. Another great fish fry.

Bummer that I missed the fun guys! Those are some white legs!!! I woulda had my sunglasses on for that one cool.gif. LOL. Glad to hear you guys had good time and hopefully we'll have one last go around or I guess I'll have to wait until next June.

Old Guy???????????? Speak for yourself riverdog tongue.gifwink.gif. Well I spent about 1 hour taking the jet apart and makeing it tight again. Thanks SH for the info on what to do. Had to go test it of course and 9 more said hi to the boat grin.gif.

Looks like fun, wish I could have been there. BLB, did you make some hushpuppies? grin.gif

How was the fishing overall? Good numbers?

SH and I got 29 fish.

12 over 17 inches if I remember correctly.

Some lulls in the action as can be expected, and a few spots where we picked up a handful of fish in a matter of minutes.

Our top 5 bass were 3-11, 3-8, 3-5, 3-4 and 3-2.

A heck of a nice tourney bag if it would have counted!

This section has some incredibly fat fish and the weights we took prove it.

Thanks a lot guys. I truly enjoy the get togethers and hopefully we can lure a few more people each time.

Definitely a great venue to learn some things.