• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St. Cloud-Sartell Team Magnet Sept 10 (Sat)

smallie_hawgin

Well, as the "fishing only" season progresses to fishin' and/or huntin' season what do ya say we have a "last bash" team magnet event.... With a big fish pot??

Where: Between St. Cloud and Sartell Dams on the Mississippi River. Probably HQ at Wilson Park due to water levels.... Although, that could change depending on interest.

When: Saturday September 10, 7:30AM-3:30PM

Why:.... That is a stupid question....To fish with other river rats of course. grin.gif

As usual no live bait. I will have data sheets for top five smallmouth bass added. Digital cam pick on ruler for largest fish contest ....

This is a fun stretch of river guys... don't let the rapids scare you away, there is a reservoir section and a huge boulder field area for jetters as well... Oh, did I mention the nice fish?? So who's in??? cool.gif

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Christianson

• Royce Aardahl

• HawgTide

• MSRiverdog

Ok, I'll try and get up. Will the Lund work there or can I snag a partner with a boat that works there? confused.gif

You read my mind SH. I was thinking that was the perfect weekend.

Wait, we talked today and I suggested that weekend I think, didn't I????

Well, either I bring my big water boat up there, or I find a ride in your rig I guess. smirk.gif

Really, I do own a boat SH. I swear. (inside joke guys......)

A little more info on the stretch and the day... I almost forgot... got to have a BBQ and beverages right... I will bring a grill and do some cooking afterwards.

As far as how much is reservoir and how much is jet water well the entire reach is about 7 miles, about 2.5 are accessible for any rig, the rest this time of year would be jets or tunnel props with somewhat experienced drivers. Hope this helps.

A map to this section of river is on the DNR site Here: DNR Mississippi River map

Hope this helps....

Yeah BLB I guess I have seen your boat...I think?? grin.gif

Put me down for a definite maybe. I'm not allowed to plan anything for the next month because of Baby stuff, family visiting, etc...

I have 2 bags of catfish I'd like to use up.

I dont have a deep fryer though, but I'd cook em up if you guys want.

If I did not already have a tourney that day I'd be joining you.

I fish that stretch all the time with my 18 ft Crestliner...should not be a problem for your Lund. You can pretty much fish from the dam in St Cloud up to where the Sauk flows in if you are careful.

Good luck guys and don't promote this stretch too hard:D

The babypro launches fine at sauk rapids city park. wink.gif Sounds like fun and if not hunting I should be able to line up travel arangements to make the long 1 mile trip to the access. grin.gif

Count me in! I guess this means I might lose the trophy! I will have the trophy with, but you might have to pry it from my hands, that is only if you win! I have a deepfrier that I have never used that might work out for some cats. Let me know.

Darn! Darn!! Darn!! DARN!!!! DARRRRNNNN!!!!

I will be in NW Manitoba that weekend chasing after big northern pike. Unfortunately I cannot be in two places at the same time, so I will have to pass. frown.gif

Have a great time! I know that I will be having one. smirk.gif

I will more than likely be in for this! Have never been up there so it should be fun!

I should be in. KT if you have room in your boat I would like to join you. My son wants to use mine with a buddy.

It would be an honor....But you have to watch the paint wink.gif Are you listening CAZ??

Glad you don't care about paint, will you give me a good trade on the Lund? smirk.gifsmirk.gif I need that RED LP. grin.gifgrin.gif

Sorry Dog...RP trades only. I'd be happy to build that red LoPro grin.gif

OH WELLLL. crazy.gifcrazy.gif

I just sent you an avi that my daughter sent me today of a really bizarre PA Musky a friend of my daughters took the other day in a really small PA lake near their place. shocked.gifshocked.gif

I sent it out to Jet Man and HawgTide to, I don't want to post it on my site cause I'm sure it would drive my bandwith off the board when the word got out. Any body else intrested send me your e-mail.

By the way that mythical 23 was swimming in front of my dock this afternoon, how do I know for sure, measured the rock it was swimming by. shocked.gif it wouldn't bite. mad.gifmad.gif

yowzer the water is low, flipped the babypro jet up 5 times today. hard on the ears! wink.gif

HMMMM... sounds kinda fun. What are the entry fees? As long as a Prop motor will work I think I can find a buddy to join in. I've never fished with you guys before, do you mind if two new guys join in the fun. I fish the Monti section a few times a year.

No entry fees Dan. Although, I could see some friendly wagers taking place. grin.gif

Anybody is welcome. Don't think this was posted for only a select few to feel welcome!!! Come eat some catfish, fresh venison from eyeguy, etc....

Since the Sauk Rapids launch will probably be to low even for some RPs we will have to use Wison Park. I was thinking I could probably mark the "channel" through the rapids the night before with some milk jugs and weights...(anyone got a few extras with lids??) Would that help some folks? I could check with DNR waters to make sure I get the OK??? I might even mark a way up under hwy 15 area so eyeguy doesn't keep smackin' the foot on his jet.... LOL grin.gif

I might be able to make this one. I'll be out of town that week and flying back late Friday night, so timing with the wife might be tricky. I would really like to get to one of these events and meet the rest of you. Sounds like fun. smile.gif

Last PM I launched on the NW side of the river by the Cathedral HS football field. You could launch a 22ft ranger with a prop there with ease!!!

It's a tough 90 degree back up job, and not a ton of parking, but you can float your boat without a problem.

Hey, those milk jugs could even help me on my RP.....coming down from the North, just before the SR bridge I launched my boat off a rock........TOTALLY airborne!!!! Holy C###~~!

Nervously I checked the bottom of my rig after it was on the trailer.......????where's the scratch or dent!!! There was none!!!

well blb I guess I better have some venison polish there for ya. I'll probably meet you all there and drive up to city park. save some gas. SH I hit 3 times south of the college dam and 2 times up nort. One was way up by the bed spring and the other down a ways from there. I'm running it up as high as I can so it flips up ok. Not going real fast. Scares the heck out of dirtydog though! wink.gif Fishing was fairly good last night. dirtydog we will probably be together if you get back in time. fonz will be with the redneckkid (adam). fonz you gotta get KT to install some wings that shoot out when you hit a rock and go airborne. then you can get some serious air time. grin.gif