• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Foster Arends Boat Access Help

Does anybody know the legality of the Foster Arends boat ramp?

I have a 14’ aluminum boat with an electric trolling motor. I’d like to put it in Foster and browse the deeper areas.

I went to Foster last Saturday evening with every intention to put my boat in the drink. When I got there, the boat ramp service road had a locked gate across it. I’m talking about the landing area in the NE corner of the lake right north of the bathrooms. There was another sidewalk/road that said “Authorized Vehicles Only” I could see there was some traffic on this sidewalk/road.

I walked down to the water and it looked like there was an area to park and a sand boat landing.

I didn’t want to spend the evening in jail, so I ended up fishing a different lake. Can I legally put an electric motorized boat on Foster Arends? If so, how can I legally access the water? I would need waterfront access as my boat is too heavy to carry or drag very far. Why is the gate locked? Any other restrictions I should be aware of?

Hey Tyler, I beleive your only option is to wheel or otherwise carry the boat down to that launch. The gate is almost always closed. I did see it open one day last winter and took the opportunity to drive my portable down there and dump it out but when i was done later that day, the gate was locked again. It is paved most of the way down there so maybe a set of those wheels that go on the transom would be the ticket to wheel it down there.

I have a canoe and figured I'd just carry that baby down from the lot if I ever took it out there.

Good luck.

I know I see a lot of people drive down there. Is the gate really locked, or is there a chain on it making it look that way? I know they train those Newfoundlands down there when I'm out tossing sticks for my lab, and they always just unchain it and drive down with the boat. I think it's so people just don't drive and park there.

The day I was there, the gate was locked up tight. It had a pad-lock and was not opening without a key. I'll take a look again another night.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Kettle
      Water temp creeped into the 50s finally. 2 man limit
    • Rick
    • Raven77
      Water level is going down, but slowly.  My dock frame was 6" underwater last week and I can just see it above water today.  It's going to take time.
    • TomWehler
      My lil island front iron crib dock also under bout six inches. No Good! Lil higher than this time May 2008.  😮😮🥅🏒😮 No good to drop west dock for lifts as that would be under also n lift rails n pads be just but under water.  No Good! Marauder Boys miss the lake too. Happened before in my 26 years out there n will happen again so we just deal doing other stuff off lake n enjoy it all. Fun being a Shore Rat for shallow Crappies around home lakes. Bust a move n keep in the Grove. 🏒🥅🤩 We figure by anniversary June 12 th level drop enuff we sneek out in smaller Lund n fix up n open up? 🤩 Best of luck to ya but be safe. This lake is deeper n darker than you or I know…🤩 Big Smiles n Keep on Rocken! T    Did'nt intend to have pic so big....Geeezzz.  
    • redlabguy
      We’re in the same boat. Actually I’d like to be in any boat. Our island cabin dock frame is about six inches under water. I hear that water is not rising which gives hope it will fall but I think Memorial Day is too optimistic, at least for us. You should think about other plans?
    • Djsnej123456
      looking to do some kayak bass fishing on Clearwater lake by Annandale. Are there any Other landings other than the one on the far south west end? Was wondering how the fishing is on the east end but that is a heck of a paddle. Appreciate any feedback. 
    • mbeyer
      Water levels seems to be topic of the day. I'm visiting over Memorial Day week. Docks are not in on the island where I stay. Wondering if the water is going down? What do the rivers look like? Are they just pouring our water?? Is water level 6" lower than a few days ago?
    • Rick G
      Couple prespawn creek smallies
    • Rick G
    • Rick G
      Finding plenty of fish around the area lately. Water on most of our area lakes and rivers is very high. Most of the panfish have moved from those back bay areas and are staging for the spawn. You can find the pannies tucked in the weeds right now close to those spawning beds. Casting small jigs without a float to pockets of vegetation or to outside the pencil reeds has been working well. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.