• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

need some more help Jason Boser! Pokegama Lake

I have really been trying to figure the eyes out on Poke and I am getting frustrated. I am catching great pike smallies and LM Bass. My kids are pounding panfish and the pesky rock bass are everywhere. Yet I cannot find the eyes consistantly. I am trying mainly at night and Maybe not as late as I should. I am looking for some more info as to kinds of cranks and maybe some depths, should I be deeper even after dark? Drop offs are so severe most places that 12-13' mark is about 3' wide. looking for some help if you can.

Thanks

confused.gif

I know its tough to find them constantly I really cant do it myself. earlier this year they have been deep on them humps out from the bridge. I gave up the trolling at night long time ago. but the guys I know who do go around the islands on them flats and around the golf coarse with shad raps

Jason

Try a neutral buoyancy crank like the Husky Jerk. I've had good luck in front of the golf course trolling them about the weeds.

Jason and Rolly thanks I will keep at it. I have found for bass and Pike the more natural colors work best. I am thinking it is the same for the eyes. Am I right or do the bright Firetigers and Blue silvers oranges etc work better?