• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Any Lake Carlos reports (8/3)?

Heading out to Lake Carlos this Friday. Was wondering if anyone has been out there lately and if you're catching anything. Thank you.

I was out on carlos on Tues. and Wed. Is it just me or is the weed growth really poor this year? theres usually a real productive weed bed right next to Mt Carmel and there wasnt a weed to be found there this year, the only good weeds I could find on the whole lake were right next to the state park, I couldnt find anything in any of the pencil reeds, it was pretty discouraging, I did end up catching about 10 small bass and one 19.5"er by the state park but otherwise could only muster up dinks everywhere else. I did not try deep to much but I was pretty discouraged with the way everything looked this year!

• 4 weeks later...

Wondering if the bass have turned on at all? The weekend of the 8/19 everything was deep (18-24')and most fish were under 16".

I KNOW IT ISN'T 8/3 ANYMORE, BUT I AM GOING OUT TO CARLOS IN THE MORNING. WONDER WHERE TO FISH? GUESSING THE STATE PARK WILL BE MY BEST BET. GONNA LOOK FOR 'EYES AND BASS. THANX FOR ANY HELP.

I have done good for northern on the north end around the bullrushes. I usually troll shad raps in the deeper areas around there. Walleyes' are usually on the weedlines with live bait rigs. Try the rock pile on the west side on the 2nd or 3rd point coming from darling.