• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Division Winners and Wild Card Predictions

CNY Tim

NL Cards, Braves, Arizona wild card Houston

AL White Sox, A's, Red Sox wild Card Yankees

NL- Cards, Braves, Arizona WC- Houston

AL- White Sox, Red Sox, A's WC- Yankees

World Series- White Sox over the Cards.

American League...Division Winners: Red Sox, White Sox, Angels. AL Wild Card: Oakland A's.

National League...Division Winners: Braves, Cards, Padres. NL Wild Card: Marlins

Jarrod - I am starting to see why your predictions are probably correct now. The only question I have is do the Marlins or the Astros have the upperhand in this wild card thing it should be tight and down to the wire. I am taking the Yankees right out of my playoff picture they just don't have the heart they used to have and the starting pitching to get it done this year.

AL: White Sox, Red Sox, A's Wild Card: Angels

NL: Braves, Cards, Padres Wild Card: Astros

AL- Red Sox, White Sox, Angels, Wildcard- A's

NL- Braves, Cardinals, Arizona, Wildcard- Astros

This is just a best guess obviously. I'm more confident in the AL picks than the NL. I'd probably agree with the White Sox & the Cardinals in the series & it could go either way, but I'd probably lean towards the Sox pitching over the Cards bats. My sleeper would probably be Boston.

It was hard to pick against the Astros for the wild card, but I just had a gut feeling about the Marlins...now, with Delgado and LoDuca out, that looks more like heartburn...

CNY Tim,

What the heck happened Thursday. I guess after the Cubbies got rid of the teams they can't beat, like the vaunted Reds, they got a team they can handle, the Red Birds! Tell me that was just a mirage. I will chalk it up to a burp after a good meal, if you let the Cubbies win another game this series, you will get ole Geno's heart pumping again only to dash his hopes later. Don't to that to our Cubbie Loving Machine!

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD...YES! Windy

Oh yeah Windy, give it to Tim. But don't forget how we also manhandled your PaleHose 3 out of 6 this year, the last 2 in a row. Very pathetic that we can't beat the Reds, Pirates, Brewers, etc. The Sox are doing it this year by just that approach-demolish the second division, and stay close with the top. Good Yankee series to tune 'em up for the big games this fall.

Talk about dashing my hopes....today I hear that Maddux is talking retirement. Our best pitcher (what is he 37 yrs old?) might be gone. What is that phrase I was so used to most of my life? "Cellar dweller". But then again, the Cards are in town so look out Brewers....we're makin' a push for 3rd place. Of course, I hope they didn't use all their runs up yesterday.

Windy, don't forget me at playoff time. Maybe a trip to Injun's new restaurant will be in order too to celebrate the Sox WSeries games.

Arlington Million is tomorrow.........we will be featuring a pulled pork sandwich to go along with the rest of the menu. And see ALL White Sox games thru October.

Stop in!

Oh yeah..........looks like a real possibility that Griffey might be in a Sox uniform.

I couldn't believe it myself... They smoked the redbirds early and often the only goose egg the Cardinals got was the 7th inning. I think we awoke a sleeping giant. Congrats Geno on the win... I am knocking off early here at work to catch the game on WGN. Going to watch how many runs MarQuis will allow before the 5th inning, hmmm 6 sounds like a good number. Then they will bring up Reyes permanently and this pinch hitter/pitcher will end up in the outfield.

Well Tim, hope you had a nice afternoon off. I'm just leaving work so I check the scoreboard....and oh my gosh, Flubs beat the Cards again! I told you they could coast a little, but don't let them tease me like this.

On any given day......

Tim,

I knew it was just a tease. Flubs just couldn't do it again on Sat. Carpenter was good - one bad pitch to Ramirez. With the 'stros loss, your guys are in coast mode again.

Without Rolen and Walker in the lineup for the Cards, we can definitely compete with you guys no matter who is pitching. I bet you'll be watching the ESPN game tonight. Should be another good one - Morris vs Prior.

Gene - Well Sir... I certainly hope you take what you guys started against St. Louis as you venture to Houston.

Prior was dominating and Wood was even better in relief. Pujhols had a chance to win it with a runner on 2nd and 2 out in the top of 9th down 5-4 and he grounded out weakly to 2nd. I'll take those chances every time, good pitch by the dumpster... LOL

Now since we snapped your cubs out of there little funk go kick some astro butt... LOL

Seriously Gene you guys I think righted the ship. Dang Kerry Wood came close to 100 mph on the gun twice, that's smoke... Congrats on taking 3 of 4...

Yep, Tim, guess we were just teasing you a little in the 9th. A little girlie-man grounder and the wind was let out of the sails for the Card fans. I'll give LaRussa this much, he managed like it was a game7 last night. Never heard the diagnosis on Morris. Is he ok? After that liner he wasn't the same. Never did look like a 12-game winner to me last night.

Now, if only the same Prior and Wood had shown up against the Marlins a few yrs ago, we coulda been to the Series. When they are on, they are darn good for sure. But I just think for that much money, they ought to be on more than off-by ALOT.

Nothing can help us get to the WCard more than a good, long winning streak-but it is a long shot for sure. It was good to see both Nomar and Patterson (and Lawton) do well last night. They need to play at that level all the time for us to have a chance-especially against Clemens, Oswalt, etal. and especially when Lee takes an oh-fer. I'll be rooting for my Cubbies in the next series. After all, beating the Astros is up near the top of my list---right behind the ChiSox and Cards who we have done pretty good against this year. Some first place teams they are - can't even beat the Flubs. Like I always say, "that's baseball".