• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I think this could go in the Park Rapids or Bemidji forums too. Tried Bad Medicine today. Could have done better if I had been more willing to change presentations. Pulled a mini crankbait behind a home made cowbell below a downrigger. Pretty quiet all morning. Decided to snack on the chicken legs from the grocery store and hit three rainbows during lunch. No bites after the chicken was gone. Guess I should have brought a big bucket of chicken to prolong the bite?? Did see a few caught by other people slip bobbering. Looking forward to smoked trout.

Have you tried hanson by DL for rainbows the one by cotton lake. that Bad Med lake is a fun lake to fish and for smoking thats the only way to go wink.gif

The only other trout lakes I've tried in Minnesota are Bass in Maplewood State Park and Long north of Bad Medicine. Bass trout weren't much for eating quality but ran a little larger. Long was fun and the fish tasted pretty good.