• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

LETS - Rush Lake results!

LETS had it's third stop at Rush Lake in Otter Tail County and we had a great turn out! Rush Lake has a reputation of being an excellent multi-species lake, and it treated some teams well and others...not. From my experience, along with others, Saturday's pre-fishing gave most high hopes for some incredible bags. It seemed the teams that did not do well Saturday, did well on Sunday. smirk.gif The weather was not nice to us at all, but everyone had fun and made the best of it.

Top honors goes to Tom and Dave Herman for an outstanding catch for the day and earning themselves top prize of $220. They made a lot of teams scrambling after the 1/2 day break with an excellent 20lbs and even more weight the 2nd half of the day.

Fish005.jpg

Second place winners were returning Ida Lake Champs, Glenn and Belinda. They have proved they are a team to watch and learn from!! They earned $150.

Fish006.jpg

Third place went to Paul W and Kevin who showed everyone some nice fish as well that gave them a prize of $100.

3f791cce.jpg

Fourth place and a check for $50 was Ron and Steve.

Fish008.jpg

Congratulations to all the teams! I had an excellent time and it was a lot of fun. Can't wait another month to do it again!!

Here's details of what was brought into the weigh scale.

B=Bass

N= Northern Pike

S=Sunfish

C=Crappie

W=Walleye

PR= Perch

1. Tom/Dave: 29.1 points(6B, 3W, 3N, 1PR, 5S)

2. Glenn/Belinda: 22.5 points (4B, 2W, 3N, 10S, 2C)

3. Paul/Kevin: 17.3 points (1B, 5W, 2N, 10S, 1C)

4. Ron/Steve: 16.1 points (6B, 1W, 2N, 3S, 2PR)

5. Team Borch: 16 points (3N, 4W)

6. BDR/MattJ: 13.8 points (3B, 3N)

7. Chuck/Aaron: 12.4 points (6B, 1N, 4S)

8. Brad/Charlie: 11.8 (3N, 1W, 8S, 1PR)

9. Team have more fun (Niblet): 10.1 points (1N, 2W, 10S)

10. Jon/Jim: 8.4 points (3B, 2N)

11. Team Bushwacker: 7.2 points (3B, 1S, 1PR)

12. Tom/Jon: 4.8 points (2B, 1W, 1S)

13. Team Wiggles: 4.7 points (2B, 4S)

Couple more pictures:

Fish003.jpg

Fish002.jpg

Total points to date for the championship title:

1. Tom/Deitz/Dave: 75.7

2. Chuck/Aaron: 62.2

3. Glenn/Belinda: 56.5

4. Team Borch: 55

5. Paul/Kevin: 53.7

6. Ron/Steve: 51.4

7. Brad/Charlie: 47.1

8. BDR/Matt: 46.8

9. Team Bushwacker: 31.6

10. Chad/Jessie: 23.1

11. Jon/Nik/Jim: 20.6

12. Have more fun: 19.3

13. Tom/Jon: 4.8

14. Team Wiggles: 4.7

I had a lot of fun up on Rush. The wind was sure howling come tournament day, but some nice weights were brought in none the less. Congrats to Tom and his dad for bringing in an incredible multi-specie bag! And congrats to Borch for bringing in that nice walleye at the midday weigh-in! Glenn and Belinda have had two solid back to back performances with a 1st and 2nd place finish, that's some good fishing! I think I even saw Paul and Kevin place in the top three this time... I guess Kevin isn't that bad after all grin.gif And I made it home without any burns or injuries this time, that's always a plus grin.gifblush.gif

Another excellent Statewide LETS event and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again at the Mystery event!

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

My dad and I had a great time at the Rush event. We did ok in the morning but were not able to bring in a fish for the 2nd weigh in which cost us. The wind didn't help as the main lake was pretty rough. Good job on the Eyes Paul and Kevin. Also great job to the top 2 teams. Pretty hard to beat. Looking forward to the Mystery event.

Jon

Quote:

Good job on the Eyes Paul and Kevin.

Does anybody know where they caught these? We were out there for a couple hours on saturday and couldn't locate any walleyes. Thanks

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Right next to us. wink.gif

The eyes were shallow in 6-14 fow caught trolling cranks. We found them there in a couple of different locations over the weekend. Although only one location produced for us Sunday. I think Paul and Kevin got theirs on Rapala husky jerks in either size 12 or 14. We got ours on shad raps in #5 and #7 regular and #7 shallow divers. We never caught a fish on live bait the entire weekend.

Another great get together! Lots of fun as always. We're defintely looking forward to the mystery event.

Hey Borch,

What part of the lake were you on? Did Paul and Kevin caught them in the middle of the lake, North, South, East, or West?

We were trolling the North side more towards the river mouth. We picked up one Walleye there pre-fishing on Saturday in 7 feet of water and then left so as not too pressure the fish. With the wind switching to the south and really starting to blow on Sunday, we figured that we would get our panfish on Sunday a.m. while the fish continued to pile up on the windward side of the lake. Sunday afternoon we started pulling cranks on the North side right on the edge of the break. We found most of our fish suspended over fifteen feet of water right on the sharp break. The Walleyes were just stacked in there. We missed a couple and also lost another really nice one. As Borch mentioned we were trolling #10 Husky Jerks.

I don't have the Lake map in front of me, but when I get home tonight I can look and find out exactly where we were.

We were not too far from the mouth of the river

Thanks Tom,

I thought that was the name of it, but wasn't sure.

Where is Oak Point? I am not too familiar with the lake. Thanks

That was fun trolling those eyes! I think we may have bumped boats with Borch and Tom more than once smile.gif

Matt, I think those elusive big blue gills were the secret, once I mastered the intricit details of putting a worm on a hook, we were on our way!!!! It took all of 15 minutes out of the day but I think the time spent was worth it. LOL J/K bud smile.gif

See ya somewhere in Ottertail soon..

Kevin

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

The north shore just prior to entering the bay on the east side. We also picked up walleyes on a couple of points on the west side Saturday. We lost two there Sunday but never landed a walleye on the west side the contest day.