• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

South Manor Pit Report

I hit the Southmost manor pit last evening. I was out there for about 3 hours and ended up with about 40 blue gills, 20 largemouth bass, & 2 crappies. I initially was using a plain hook and small piece of worm about 2-4 feet under a bobber. This produced prob 20 gills and a few largemouth. Later I changed it up and put on a 1/32 oz pink jig with a pink & white (scented) twister tail. There were times I went 5 casts with 5 fish. Slow retrival was key. Bring extra twister tails as I had about 5 bit off.

All the largemouth were about 7-10 inches. I had over 20 gills that went 8+ inches. The crappies were small. I didn't hit any crappies until just before dark.

For pictures, email... [email protected]

Thanks for the report Tyler. Isn't that a awesome body of water? I have a brother that lives in the manor and he has about the same sucsess as you.

By south most, do you mean directly north of the hospitals parking lot?

Yes, I parked in the Mayo parking lot (hope that is legal) and walked north towards the water. I walked a bit to the east then north towards the point. Most fish were caught on the east shoreline and around the point.

it's my understanding that parking in the lot w/o being a Mayo employee is a no-no. I had security stop to talk w/ me one early Sunday morning. I had to show my Mayo parking tag. Was told it is due to insurance/liability purposes.

sorry to rain on your parade

Can anyone fully explain the legality of the CC Manor Pits. I was out there again tonight. I was going to park in the mayo parking lot (had my girlfriend with and her mayo badge) and the gates were closed so I couldn't walk north towards the water. One gate was locked, and the other was just shut and chained, but the padlock was unlocked.

I didn't want troble, so I stayed away. Then I went to the north pond (near the houses) and I saw people walking right past the "No Trespassing" sign & gate into the gravel area and fishing.

Is there already a thread that explains this?

At that Mayo lot Tyler on the far west side you will see a strip of grass and and a trail that goes to the north....likely where you walked the other day. There are a couple signs that say don't park on the grass and I think a couple empty steel posts. This is actually park department property and you can just pull off onto the gravel there and park. Try to keep your car as far off the roadway as possible.

The property between the parking lot and the driveway to Avalon cove on both sides of the parking lot drive is Mayo Foundation property, the City land starts about 150' north of the drive to the parking lot. The gravel area is Mayo property. Lachencrest LN(west end of north lake) is a public street that from which one could access both north and south lakes via the peninsula.

I don't think they really monitor that lot on the weekends, I have parked there on weekends 3 or 4 times this year with no trouble and no one else was parked there!