• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

A sign on one of the DNR landings states there are Muskies in Minnewaska. Is this true? Would I be wasting my time trying on this lake? My in-laws have a place on the lake and my family visits often. Thanks in advance for any info!

I think they got tigers in there. I've heard of a few getting caught.

I talked to the fisheries office in Glenwood. They said they were stocked in the 70s. But what ever is left in the lake is probably not a fishable population.

I was scouting out their once and had a follow on a bass lure, only about a mid 30 or so.

No shortarge of muskies here. Good luck getting one into the boat though lol. They have gotten quite large since the 70's. You will typicallly see them in 20-22 feet of water right on the surface exploding on crappie on the surface. Fun to watch. I own no lures that big, they hit 12-15 inch crappies when we catch on trolling. Had a few latch on to other fish next to the boat. They dont let go real easy either blush.gif

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Rick G
      Finding plenty of fish around the area lately. Water on most of our area lakes and rivers is very high. Most of the panfish have moved from those back bay areas and are staging for the spawn. You can find the pannies tucked in the weeds right now close to those spawning beds. Casting small jigs without a float to pockets of vegetation or to outside the pencil reeds has been working well. 
    • Blackpolar365
      12 incher from up on knife lake a few weeks ago.
    • smurfy
      Yep, about time he starts pulling his weight!!!😂😉
    • Mike89
      plus he has the tree's picked up and cut up!!!   🤣
    • smurfy
      headed up to the northland tomorrow morning. first trip of the year open water!!!!👍 looking so forward to it. my brothers been up there all week....he should have all the dumb ones caught......time for me to chase the smarter ones!!!!!!!🤣 
    • smurfy
      yea but did you quit cooking????🙄 havent see any of your specialties in a wqhile!!!!!!!🤔
    • eyeguy 54
      Still yaking and having fun 😄🐟
    • Dash 1
      First open water fishing this morning. Planed to go to Clearwater but water was 6 inches over docks. Drove over to Sylvia/Twin and access was great. Water very clear, could see bottom in more than 12 ft.  Caught several sunfish and bass. 2 northerns and a crappie. Most went back including a 9.5 in male sunny. Beautiful fish. Most caught in less than 3 ft water.  Temp was 61. 
    • SkunkedAgain
      We are high up on the hill so no worry of water damage, but our electrical box wasn't too far from the rising lake water. I hope that issue doesn't start hitting others as well!
    • Fish Head
      I was up for opening weekend, but only fished Saturday morning. I had a limit by 6:30 so headed back to the cabin to get work done. In about an hour I lost 2 on the way to the boat, boated a 13" that I threw back, and kept a 14, 15, 16, 17. Nice size eaters. Jig and minnow in 15-20 FOW.  Water temps where I was fishing was 41.    I have damage to 2 docks and several trees down. I hope this water level goes down soon! Good luck everyone. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.