• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone fish this lake much? What's the walleye, pike and panfish fishing like? Never been there before, but the wife and I are thinking of taking a 3 or 4 day trip to one of the resorts there before she "pops". I've read that it's a deep, clear lake. Does that mean the walleye are found in deep water during the daytime?

Any help would be appreciated.

Panfish, forget it except for some decent perch, pike, so so, walleye, on the rebound after some poor years, they have been stocking and there are now some special regs in place. A chance for a real trophy here! Tip, enjoy the days and fish at dark

Kabekona is a pretty lake, it is deep and it's deep in a lot of the acreage of the lake, 180' is the deepest (approx) and there is a lot of 80' plus area. It is pretty tough to fish, the best shoreline dropoffs are steep, I have an 18' boat and if the boat is perpendicular to the break the front of the boat will be in 15' or so and the back in 22' or so, two boat lenths out it's 30'. That can get frustrating if you don't hold the boat perfect. I'm no water clarity expert but while I'm sure it's a clear lake it's not too clear. I think the reason people say it's sooo clear is for the reason above, the depth finder say's 18' and the can look a boat lenth ahead and see bottom, that's due to the fact a boat lenth ahead it's 6 feet deep. The mid lake bars (which can be difficult to find your first time out) top off around 11' and you can't see bottom out there. I've fished it a lot due to it's proximity to our cabin and you'll enjoy yourself but unless you want to slip bobbber leeches after sunset you'll only catch a handful of walleyes during the day but you'll have fun nonetheless. Good luck with your wife's pregnancy! Feel free to email me at krismartinson (at) MCHSI dot com.

Thanks for the replies fellas. The trip just isn't going to work out for us this year (not enough time). We were looking at the Point of Pines (or whatever that name is) resort to stay at. Looks like a decent place. I've heard there are some big 'eyes in that lake. In fact, a guy I used to play ball with caught a 32"er out of there just after the opener this year. Maybe we'll get up there next year.

Thanks again!