• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone fish this lake much? What's the walleye, pike and panfish fishing like? Never been there before, but the wife and I are thinking of taking a 3 or 4 day trip to one of the resorts there before she "pops". I've read that it's a deep, clear lake. Does that mean the walleye are found in deep water during the daytime?

Any help would be appreciated.

Panfish, forget it except for some decent perch, pike, so so, walleye, on the rebound after some poor years, they have been stocking and there are now some special regs in place. A chance for a real trophy here! Tip, enjoy the days and fish at dark

Kabekona is a pretty lake, it is deep and it's deep in a lot of the acreage of the lake, 180' is the deepest (approx) and there is a lot of 80' plus area. It is pretty tough to fish, the best shoreline dropoffs are steep, I have an 18' boat and if the boat is perpendicular to the break the front of the boat will be in 15' or so and the back in 22' or so, two boat lenths out it's 30'. That can get frustrating if you don't hold the boat perfect. I'm no water clarity expert but while I'm sure it's a clear lake it's not too clear. I think the reason people say it's sooo clear is for the reason above, the depth finder say's 18' and the can look a boat lenth ahead and see bottom, that's due to the fact a boat lenth ahead it's 6 feet deep. The mid lake bars (which can be difficult to find your first time out) top off around 11' and you can't see bottom out there. I've fished it a lot due to it's proximity to our cabin and you'll enjoy yourself but unless you want to slip bobbber leeches after sunset you'll only catch a handful of walleyes during the day but you'll have fun nonetheless. Good luck with your wife's pregnancy! Feel free to email me at krismartinson (at) MCHSI dot com.

Thanks for the replies fellas. The trip just isn't going to work out for us this year (not enough time). We were looking at the Point of Pines (or whatever that name is) resort to stay at. Looks like a decent place. I've heard there are some big 'eyes in that lake. In fact, a guy I used to play ball with caught a 32"er out of there just after the opener this year. Maybe we'll get up there next year.

Thanks again!

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Noyo
      I have a Weboost cellular amplifier at Wakemup Bay. It increases the signal from 1 bar or less to 3-4 bars BUT there is more to the story than bars. For data (like streaming video) I get faster data speeds WITHOUT using my booster. The reason as I understand it is that cellular data transmits and receives on multiple channels simultaneously (its called Multi-In-Multi-Out or MIMO.) Most boosters only amplify a single channel at a time. While the phone shows a good signal from the booster it can actually reduce the data speeds that are available with MIMO transmissions. A booster can improve your voice communications while diminishing your data speeds. You might want to look at the Mobile Internet Resource Center on YouTube for a better explanation.
    • TrueNorth
      Where are the opener fish pictures?
    • TrueNorth
      All of us who couldn't be there for opener would love to hear how the fishing was....😉
    • BWpineisland
      48 by the trout lake portage today
    • Raven77
      57 in Black Bay and 44 in Niles Bay today.  The lake is changing by the day and the fishing reflects it.
    • Rick
    • Orlip
      I’m looking at this one. http://ECO-WORTHY 12 Volt 10 Watt Solar Car Battery Charger & Maintainer, Solar Panel Trickle Charger, Portable Power Backup Kit with Alligator Clip Adapter for Car, Boat, Automotive, Motorcycle, RV https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B017K6PH1S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_89MG41KD6KMD3J8YTXRX?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
    • Mtnman
      So sorry, wish I could boat over to help. I think we will wait an extra week to head north.  Prayers for a good resolution.  
    • Muskies
      Good morning Mtnman. Yes, the whole rainy lake watershed is under a flood warning. Water is as high as it was back in 2014. Forecast is that is should peak around May 20. All the ice went out last week with all the wind and rain we had. My dock didn’t make it though. Ice blew in and lift the whole thing, crib and all. Mother Nature…adds another project once the water is warm enough to work in. This week looks a little drier…I hope! Safe travels when you do head North.
    • Coleman
      The water was over 22 at the very south end of Mud and the overflow pond. I took that route to get to the cabin, I just moved the signs and drove through, saw a couple carp sunbathing on the warm road. 😂

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.