• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What LCR to buy on a budget????

bass-o-matic

Question

Looking for opinions on what LCR to buy on a budget for the front of my boat to run off of the trolling motor? I fish primarily bass and will be using it to try and stay on weedlines and bottom compositions. I want to get the best that I can for around $150 if possible. The guy at a local store told me to go with the Eagle 320. Any opinions on this unit or others around that price point? Garmin 120, Bottom Line 320, Eagle Cuda 168EX, etc?

Any help would be appreciated, as I want to buy it early next week so it's installed before my long weekend up in the Alex. area fishing a small club tournament.

Thanks!

6 answers to this question

Eagle 320 would be your best choice. It has the best resolution and a 16 level gray scale. The other big plus is it is built by Lowrance, the best name in graphs on the market currently. This is coming from a guy that sells all three mentioned and three other brands also.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

The Eagle FishMark 320 is a good choice in that price range.

My Father-In-Law has an Eagle 320 on his bow and it's very nice for the money (about $150).

Again, Eagle Fishmark 320, Best unit for that price range. Stay away from Bottomline.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm heading out tonight to buy the Eagle 320 so I can read the manual this week and be ready for the upcoming weekend!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

You can download the emulator and get familiar with the sounder on your PC.