• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I need directions home

Random guy

I am going to sneak out on Friday and slip up to Red to do a little pike fishing over the weekend. I have never made the trip from the Twin Cities especially pulling a boat that out weighs the truck (I know bigger is not always better confused.gif) and was wondering what the best route is? I heard there are some road closures on the normal route due to construction? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You'ld save a lot of time if you just left your boat up here. grin.gifgrin.gif We would make sure it wasn't lonely all summer and then in the fall, if it lasted that long, we could trade it off for another plow truck. shocked.gif

I can see it already 70mph in six foot rollers because you can. cool.gif

Jon

I was up as far a Funkley this past weekend. Took 35 to Barnum, Floodwood, 46, etc. Only construction was just this side of Grand Rapids where they are putting in a new bridge and RR overpass at the Praire River. Hardly any construction - nothing to bother you. Perhaps with a big heavy rig then 35 to Cloquet then #2 to Deer River, 46 etc. would be smoother (but who says #2 is smooth???) The road to Shooks was open on the Northome end.

• 2 weeks later...

Quote:

You'ld save a lot of time if you just left your boat up here.
grin.gifgrin.gif
We would make sure it wasn't lonely all summer and then in the fall, if it lasted that long, we could trade it off for another plow truck.
shocked.gif

Do you still want to work out that deal? I fooled all you guys and blew up the motor before you could get your hands on it. It does scream along at 5 mph with the kicker. smirk.gif

I really don't understand your concern about us using your boat. confused.gif Imagine NINETOE driving, Buddy giving directions with Baitco and Chaunce along for guidence and support. What could posibly go wrong??? grin.gif Besides if something happens Tigger could most likely fix it. Even with the big motor bad it would not be much of a problem. The motor in Buddy's old brown plow truck was still running when the rest of the truck had it's last breath and I'm sure that Tigger could fit that motor on/in your boat. cool.gif We might have some trouble fitting in the propane fuel tank but maybe we could float it along behind? It should float good but we would have to be a little carefull when we were stopping. Most likely the only time the tank would hit the boat would be if we hit something hard (like the shoreline)when we were going really fast. Like I said I really don't understand your concern. confused.gif

Quote:

Imagine NINETOE driving, Buddy giving directions with Baitco and Chaunce along for guidence and support. What could posibly go wrong???
grin.gif
Besides if something happens Tigger could most likely fix it.

It would be like Pirates of the Caribbean , only I think I would call it Putzes on the Pond grin.gif For some strange reason I can actaully see this happening. shocked.gif

Hey! Me and Buddy were doing some navigating on the river last weekend! We didnt even get stuck wink.gif

The thing about traveling with Buddy is you don't get stuck often, but when you do it is a bad one. grin.gif