• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Horseshoe Bass Disappear

Where do the big bass go in the chain once mid summer hits. All through june i can get them, but once the water turns all green and the weeds go nuts i can't for the life of me catch any big fish. Either they move out into the main river channel or they buying down in that thick weed? I cant' figure it out.

Thanks

Lets put an A.P.B on those bass. I just spent the last 3 days on the Horseshoe chain, Sat, Sun, Mon and caught 3 fish Sat morning at 6:30 am. That made for 3 long days of fishing. Any help would be great because I'm beginning to think I am a sorry bass chaser.

I'm just curious about where those fish go this time of year. Email me if you can. Keep in mind I dont want your honey hole location, just some general info. Thanks [email protected]

I have had a lot of luck in the past years fishing the outside weed edges in a little deeper water. Fishing slower with worms has seemed to work well for me. I have done relativly well on many of the lakes on the chain. Many of them hold not only numbers but size to. Good luck.

I was on the chain all day Sunday, maybe had the worst day of fishing that I've ever had; After a full day I only managed to pull in 2 fish, one being a 7 lb. cat smirk.gif. But when you are prefishing for a tournament, it was not the kind of day I wanted to see. Anybody have any luck out there this weekend, I heard from others that it was very slow all around. By the way, there was a bass tourney on Sun. off of Horseshoe, anyone know the results?

There were 50 boats and only 19 brought in 8 fish limits, 21 lbs won it and 18lbs was like 5th place. Water is so nasty now, its really tough to get nice fish, i have no clue as to what to do for bigger fish this time of year.

Wow, only 19 boats had their limit.Well I guess that isn't to hard to believe, considering the day I had on the water.

It was a TOUGH day to say the least. The guys who got their limit worked for them and deserved finishing where they did.

We ended up with 5 fish, but did not boat a keeper after 9AM.

Just to show you how pathetic the bite was, we finished in the upper 20's and were out of the $$ (13th place) by only 5lbs. If we would have had our 8 we would have been right there.

A TOUGH evening of fishing out on the shoe'. Caught only 1 cat and 1 bass (15.5") over the evening. Couldn't believe it...tried everywhere and was just bewildered!

There were actually two tournaments on the chain last weekend. 17 1/2 lbs won saturday for 5 Fish and they were

snapping. If you got a jig or tube in front of them they

just took off running. I fished both and did great on saturday but had burn all my fish for sunday. lol lol lol

This has to be one of the best chain of lakes in the state.

Snappin'? I heard that out of the many teams that fished the one tournament Sunday, only about 1/2 the teams had anything to weight in.....tough bite.

Time to slow down our tactics is in order.

I was on the horse-schtuff chain from 6:00am - 1:30pm yesterday, and NOTHING all day. There was little/no wind, and it was the dead sea.

So you were one of the "Cheaters" huh?

In the rules for the Big Bass Bonanza, it states "No Prefishing the day before the tourney"

So those of you who fished both days violated the rules and should not have been allowed to fish on Sunday.

And don't say "we were not prefishing we were in a tourney"...that's just total BS.

Very unfair to those of us who play by the rules and expect others to do the same. But what do you expect when there is money involved right?

I've fished those Big Bass Bonanza for a long time, its a pretty well run tournament, I think the tournament director made a bad call in allowing it and i don't think it will happen again. Personally I'd either like them to get rid of that no prefishing saturday rule or just make it off limits from the sunday before at midnight to the next sunday at tournament time. What purpose does no prefishing saturday server other than give the guys living close to the lakes an advantage.

For your information I told the tournament director in

the spring that I wouldn't be able to fish this year because

of the conflict in schedules. He offered to allow me to fish

with note from my other tournament director. And as I said

we burned all our fish on saturday. I've fished BBB since the beginning and don't take it quite as serious as some of these PROS. THe only reason I fished sunday at all was that

the guy I fished with has terminal cancer and it was one of

the few things he has been looking forward since his diagnoses. If his health would have been up to it we would have done alot better than we did, but he was happy for a

day on the lake. He loves the chain and I take him out every chance I get which isn't much with my tournament schedule.

Your "beef" should be with the tourney director, not the competitor who had the directors permission. A little homework before publicly bashing a guy shouldn't be too much to ask. I agree that the rules should be the same for everyone though. No prefish rules never have and never will be enforceable anyway.

Back to the original topic, where and how are you guys getting your bass on the chain. I fished out there the last two saturdays and it's been tough. Getting a few flipping milfoil patches and a few off wood or docks. Most of my historically best wood/docks are not producing at all.

Superduty. We hit all our normally stuff prefishing without

much success. Then we just went fun fishing and the river

was the ticket. Current played a big part in our success

and jigs were the ticket. We would flip to a area and the jig would come racing out. We were missing fish because we couldn't catch up to them. It was a blast. Now we were using a custom tied

skirt for most of our fish, but black /blue caught our biggest. I normally have trouble on the chain in July and August but this year has been exceptional for a change.

Good luck

I fished another tourney out there this past saturday and did much better than the previous week(got a check). Sure could have used the fish last week for the points chase though. Fish were very color selective it seemed. Oddball colors produced best, maybe a product of all the fishing pressure lately. Weights were down from what I would consider a "good bag" on Horsehoe. The winners were just shy of a 3lb average for 5 bass.

TD Basser,

When you guys were thumping them in the river where they holding on wood or docks, or just setting up on the bank? I'm still trying to figure out that current bite out there, the best looking stuff is down towards cold spring, but not much luck there. If you don't mind which general parts of the river produced the best? Not specific spots, just general sections of river.

SuperDuty,

Do you know who won? That was like a Midwest bass or something right? What did you guys end up with for weight?

We had 12.83 for 5 fish. I fished as a sub. with a friend whom I've fished tourneys with a few years back. His regular partner had a hockey tourney. The tourney director from BBB won the event.