• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The other link was gettin long. Just got back from the big lake waves are rolling in at the mouth of the lester. Monday looks good. I will be trying at the bridge if it holds everybody else welcome. Red f-150 P/U with old topper. Jigglestick to jigglestick jr drive home?? Hoow about a trade? A couple of days on the big lake for some advice on URL next winter?? Lundman come on down and meet the gang we have all the nets and such and I am sure someone will let you use some waders. I sure Sudden Impact can show up it seems that he has the expert touch for smelt that some do not S>T give me a call if available mon. Later

hey loadmaster, what kind of info do you need for URL? i have GPS cords if you want some but you really dont need them.let me know if you want to know more.

loadmaster, yeah it was a long drive home. all part of the deal. i don't know when i'd have time to go out on your big lake, but i've allways wanted to. not really geared up for it. you are allways welcome in my camp. i usually have a hard house/sleeper, and a pull behind camper with 3-4 portables heat and lights and plenty of morgan and beer. sounds just to inviting don't it? and all the time in the world in the winter. we don't allways nail them, but most of the time we do. pictures to back me smile.gif
take care amigo-------jigglestick--------

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Loadmaster tried your number and your puter answered. Count me in. Are we dippin or seinin. Give me a ring or drop me a line.
Jigglestick we have all the gear for the Big lake so you dont need to bring anything.
Sudden Impact how was your weekend? When you comin up again?

ST, Loadmaster,

just got back around 11. the weekend was great at least for relaxing. I overslept sat morn and it was too rough in the afternoon. I went to "the drainpipe" you told me about this morning but the water was still churned up so I fished by the culvert on the south side of stony for a couple hrs this evening with no luck. im planning on coming back tomorrow afternoon with one of my buddies from LOW. hopefully we can all get together and do it again. I had a great time on fri and it was nice to meet some of the forum guys. you guys are great people! Ill probably fish from the pier tomorrow and be at the tot lot around 9. what do you guys plan on doing? post or email me at [email protected] and we can figure out a time and place to meet.

tight lines

SUDDEN IMPACT

Hey guys would love to join ya tonight!!!!
What is the plan .....Tot Lot park at 9:00????? Where exactly is the park?? Let me know, thanks.

Loadmaster That number you gave me doesnt work. Sudden Impact called me and he and his buddy will be at Totlot at 9:30 pm tonight.
St.louis river you sure can join us. The Totlot is a parking lot about a 1/3 mile past the lift Bridge.

hey guys, i forgot to mention, my buddies i tried to talk into coming with last fri nite went to pokegama lake that nite instead, and got almost a full pail! they have been running there for over a week. i hate cleaning them anyway!---jigglestick---

Loadmaster called and said he's going to be along the Lift bridge. So let's met there.

St louis River post if you there. So I know your not waiting at the totlot

I'd love to come down and pull/visit with you guys, but have to spend the next week shopping for a new truck as the adjuster told me that mine is indeed totaled. Once he got to 16K worth of damage, he stopped counting.
Good luck.

Just got back from the point. Seined next to the brigde. It was a good night. smile.gif

Is there a chance in h--- that a guy with a smelting dip net can nab a bunch? Are they running thick enough off Park Point for that?

I second that motion. I was also wondering if there was anyplace to get some smelt action with dip nets? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hello everyone! I am just wondering where exactly is the best location to try for seining smelt? My buddy and I tried off of the point last night. We were on the beach in front of the parking lot, facing the lake, about 2 blocks out on the point. Is this Tot-lot??? Let me know if anyone needs some help tonight, or would allow some rookies to help out some "old pros". It would be fun to learn the tricks.
Thanks.

Sorry guy's I just got in.
stfcatfish, No chance in He__ with a dip net on the point. Tonight would be a great night on the point.
If you all can rally a group together I will go tonight. Ok who's in for seining tonight on the point! Start slappin as_ cuz time's of the essence.

Hey Surface Tension Im up for it until about 1am. Write back asap or I will call you in 15 minutes.

I think tonight will be good. smile.gif It s was good from 9:30 PM till 1:00 AM.
Good Luck.

ST if you guys are going tommorrow night an staying late I'll come up after work I get done at midnight only takes 5 min to get there. tried just to the south of superior sun night (amnicon&middle rivers) only got 13

------------------

The smelt we got monday night were big. The earliest I could go again is friday night.
If you can get out before that It would be better. Northlander did you go last night?

Hey ST:

I also can't get out until Friday night. I'm working until 10:15 or 10:30, and can run down after that. Will you be near the Tot Lot, and when?

Also, waded out and threw some spoons into the lake off the Tot Lot last night from 9:30 to 10:30 with no luck. Took my piddly steel dip net to the Lester and corralled 5 smelt.

------------------
Steve ([email protected])

I must be gettin to old for this game, After Mon night and getting up early on Tues to fish the big lake, I feel like a 90 year old man. Anynight after wed would be good for me, can always use a puller. Sudden Impact your cell bat must have died tried calling for tues morning ran by the pier to look for ya where were ya. You did not miss much. When anybody wants to smelt [email protected]. As far as dipping in the rivers, Have talked to couple of guys who tried, some had good luk and others nil. Lster

Loadmaster, I have never been smelting before (we have missed it the last couple of years) but I would love to give it a try. We were planning on coming up on monday but we heard they are still out in the lake. It would be me and my dad and all we have is dip nets. Could you possibly give me a heads up when they come into the river? I check out this website everyday. We spend our May and June on the St. Louis River and love the area. But I'm still waiting for my first smelting experience. Thanks.