• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Eagle Lake (Maple Grove)

Can anyone give me any tips on Maple Grove's Eagle Lake for bass? We're going to hit it soon, but have never fished it before.

I caught a nice 4lb largemouth not too far from the launch. At least where the launch used to be, I haven't fished there in several years and I think there is a new launch there now. The launch I'm talking about is on the Eastern side of the lake towards 169. I was fishing with a large chubb with a bare hook and a slip bobber right outside the weedline.

---Zdaddy

Same old access. I fished muskies out there last Friday and the bass were pretty thick in and around the pencil reeds. I spooked a couple that looked pretty nice, but mostly smaller fish. Find the pockets or fish over the slop with topwater.

Ralph, just a quick hint, if your going to hit Eagle, maybe try Fish Lake instead. From my experience, Fish is a better bass lake than Eagle. It may be because i live 1/4 mile away from fish and have fished it for 15 years wink.gif. I went out 2 weeks ago and we caught 9 bass between the 3 of us. Some bass nearing 4 lbs. Not one under a 1.5lbs. Topwaters in the thick weeds all around the lake performed best, but now I'm thinking cranks off the weededge in 6-14 ft of water.

Worked Fish on Saturday, hit a few on flukes off the docks and lifts, and a few on spinnerbaits. Decent lake for bass!

Interesting though, there were a lot of dead panfish up on the surface. Not sure what would cause that.....

Tonka Boy: Going to work Eagle this week for muskie, did you move any fish when you were out on Friday?

My guess would be weed killer. They use it there alot and in Rice, too much. Leave the bleepin' weeds alone! If it doesn't kill the fish directly, the O2 depletion does.

cjac,

I saw quite a few fish on the outer weed edge, but didn't move any. One half-hearted hit on a bucktail was it. They were feeding heavy on sunfish (could see little mouths breaking the surface) so keep an eye out for schools.

I was out mid-day in the hot sun...not the ideal conditions. Seems everyone on the lake is fishing muskies so expect company. Maybe break out something out of the ordinary that they haven't seen before?? Good luck!

BTW,

They were spraying Eagle pretty heavy on Friday...

Has anyone fished walleye out there? Thinking of doin it soon.Did well during winter.

Hey guys wondering if there is a boat launch on Eagle, the DNR data says that it is a walk in launch, the data was collected a few years back so just wondering what the launch is like. Thanks

Yeah, there is a boat launch. It's in a small channel but I have never had any problems with it, although I do have a small boat but I have seen larger boats launch there. Parking is limited, so if you are going there at a busy time you may want to get out early.

~Josh

We hit it last night. Got a few bass, northerns, and a walleye. The launch is small, shallow, and has no dock. You don't have much room to get off or on the trailer, but we successfully got an 18' Ranger in and out without drama. It's a nice little lake.

I have fished walleye out there twice this summer. caught a bunch of crappies the first time and a nice 20" incher the second time off of a crawlwer harness. I wish the local bait shop would get some shiners so I could walleye fish alittle more seriously out there

im 15 yrs old and have a 16ft ranger with a 5ohp tiller, trolling motor and all that good stuff but what i was wondering is if there was anyone that knows the lake or has luck out there for walleyes would wanna meet me out there or at my house one day to go fishing out there???? like i said im 15 cant drive alone but have a boat and all my own fishing stuff..

if your intersested shoot me an email at [email protected]

Thanx Nick

I havent had much of any success out there in the last few years. This morning I was on a tight schedule and due to the proximity to home (1 mile) I decided I would slip the usual medicine or fish lakes at least get out 5am -9:30. I started out bassin and caught a few smaller and two around 16" as well as missing a couple small norts. I saw crappies/sunnies surfacing so decided to target them for a while. I caught six that went 11-12" ( I have never caught a crappie in eagle) and quite a few in the 9-10" range. I switched back to the bass and caught one around 21" that I drove across the lake to have a guy in another boat take a picture. It only weighed in at 4.8 or 4.9lbs.The guy that took the pic for me had about a 4lb eye in the livewell. It had a really wierd shriveled eye and a huge fresh gash on it. After that I lost the bass bait to a monster skie really close to the boat so I switched back to the pannies for a while of consistent but relaxing action. Sorry rangerboi I dont have a clue where to find the eyes. Ice only caught one there in 4 years but I dont really target them. So how does a a 15 year old get himself into his own ranger???

After a good morning there dont be surprised to see me bobbing around out there more often in the little 12' smile.gif

How a 15 that will fish be for doing anything else get himself a ranger?? Well i work at a matress factory twice a week and i mow 9 lawns a week took me two years to save up for it. I really need help with finding walleys in any metro lake any help ????? confused.gif

Thanks Nck

Cool ranger*boi!! I wish I was as wise as you when I was 15. We used to bike to Eagle and fish the back channels out of people's yards (with permission of course). It was all fine and dandy until some of my buddies left trash. After that I didn't have access to a boat until 2-3 years later.

If you want eyes head to either Tonka, Waconia, Indy, or the Miss. Those are your best bet within the west metro. I hear occasional good reports from Eagle, but I haven't nailed that one down yet.

Hey lil ranger. if you need someone to go fishing with you can just call me smile.gif Im sure we would catch a lot of fish.

had a nice 40-42" skie on at the boat last monday. The rapala hooks got caught in the front of the net and the biggest fish of my life was lost. It hit right at the boat while the boat was moving about 4mph and I was reeling in as fast as I could to go home.

Always Something I swear! I've caught 4 skies in my life all on accident and the first 3 on the same day while the camera was in the truck. This time I had the camera but didnt get the fish in. I should've just grabbed the fish mad.gif