• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The last few times I've driven by the Gopher Campfire Club I've noticed boats on the lake that is right next to it. I was told it was called Lake Byron. Does anyone know what they're fishing for and where the access is? Any info is appreciated.

Yes I do know what they are fishing for.... grin.gif

....but no access unless you are a member of the Gopher club or if you know someone who has land that butts up to the lake.

They are catching nice Walleyes out there on lake byron and Farley is right you do need to be a member to get on the lake.

Hows the landing on Byron? How much is it to become a member there?

Thank you for the fast replies. I am a member so I might make a trip out there sometime. I just got back from wolf lake (we only got a bass and some small sunnies) and a man out there said they were catching some good sized walleyes on big minnows. The yearly membership fee was $25.

WE are catching Walleyes that are 2-3 lbs,, the dnr has told all the members to fish it hard and get all you can out of it,, they stocked it a few years back and never got the eyes out as they intended to do,, now they are going to kill off the lake so they can restock it,,, therefore its time to fish them hard,, they arnt as hungry as they were a few weeks ago but some can still be had,,,

I heard that rumor about Byron the weekend of the opener and found the stocking reports for the lake. As mentioned, they did put a lot of walleye in there about five years ago or so.

How deep does that lake get anyway?

Well you have to take 12 to dassel, take 15 south to county road 18 south and its southeast on a gravel roads. You have to pay $25 per person I found out at the Gopher Club. Are they still biting there?