• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I"m thinking of going to Osakis this weekend and I was wondering if the day time bite has improved and if anybody has any ideas? any info would be appreciated. grin.gif

I'm heading up to Osakis next weekend. For years, we went to Osakis the last week in May, but due to scheduling conflicts we now have to go the third week in June--this began last year.

FWIW, when we went in May, the weeds had not yet come up and the water temps were in the fifties. This meant we could find walleye very shallow after dark, and get them trolling. We also found them during the day off the usual structure, with shiners outfishing everything else.

Last year, going three weeks later than we normally did made a big difference. The lake was warmer, and the weeds had come up--no more trolling five FOW after dark for walleye. The water temps last year were in the low sixties, and crawlers and leeches outfished shiners. We found daytime walleye on the upwind side of the structure just outside the weedline--no surprise there. The weather was uneven, which made consistent fishing a problem--one day of rain would be followed by a day of high wind, high pressure, and colder temps. Then we got a nice day, followed by rain, followed by wind...hopefully this year is better.