• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Computerized fishing log???

waskawood

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slick814

• waskawood

• basssmasher*

• Papa Woodie

Think you could send both to edwardsg at comcast.net?

Sounds like you've put together a very handy set of spreadsheets. I've done a fair amount of Excel work - so I might be able to offer something back.

Thanks, GTE

bassmasher - no problem! Have fun filling them out!

GTE - handy?? I hope so... guess it depends on waht you need in your log. Sometimes I think it's gotten to be a little TOO full of things to enter... but then I think, "Can you ever have too much fishing information"? grin.gif

Anyway - sent yours just before I typed this!!

cool.gif

hey slick?? how do I get it to print out more than columns a and b?? sorry I'm pc Illeterate!!! confused.gif

click & highkight what you want printed... then click the printer icon.. should be pretty easy from there!

BUT... you might need to do this... slick on the file icon, go to page set up, then set the print area... one thing to remeber is that it takes up a lot of pages to do... like 6 or 7, regardless of if you're printing one filled line or just the headers.

I usually just keep notes in a small notebook and enter things onto the computer later on...

I can't believe I haven't seen this post before...The wind is blowing 45 mph today and decided to spend some time on the internet...If you haven't gotten carpel-tunnel yet from sending your spreadsheets to everyone, I'd love to own a copy of them...

[email protected]

Hey Slick please send me log also maybe this will help me remember last years dates temps etc thanks

box_car at comcast dot net

Hey, here's an idea. I don't know, you decide, but if you want, you can upload your file to a website where others can download it, so you don't have to email them and keep emailing out updates -- just update your original post with the link to the file and people can download it.

I use this site here -- you just upload the file, and they'll create you a link that you can post here for others to download it. It's free, I'm not advertising for them for profit or anything. Just thought it was a cool way to share files like this with tons of people. Easier than email, and you can always keep the up-to-date version up there.

Link To File Sharing Place - wikiupload.com

For instance, I created a basically blank excel spreadsheet on my computer, went to the link above, uploaded my super-complicated-blank spreadsheet (took only like 5 seconds), then it gave me two links. The second link is right here -- description of the file plus a download button:

link

Voila. Everyone can get at the uber-boring spreadsheet that I created and uploaded. Free, easy, convenient. Try it out if you want, slick. Or don't try it if you don't want. Just a suggestion.

I'm sure there are a million ways to skin a cat and stuff, and I'm sure that there are other sites out there for file sharing. This one seemed simple, I didn't have to give them any personal information to upload or download the file, so I thought I'd just point it out.

-Brian

THanks Brian -

As far as links go, there IS one out there - back a few pages, another FM'er offered to host the pages, and has the latest versions of both on there. But, sometimes those posts get buried or missed, so I don't mind sending a few out. cool.gif

I'm also working on a website in my spare time to host them, so it's easier to update and for people to be able to download them. cool.gif

Gotcha. I tried the links here

Quote:

I'll make it easy for ya'll and host it.

(Summer)

(Ice Fishing)

Remember, when it opens, click File - Save As and save the document to your desktops!!!

any questions, email me @

But, they didn't seem to work - I get "file not found" error. Maybe I have something hosed up on my end. Who knows. Maybe it just disappeared or I have some permissions set wrong....I don't know. Can you still get to it?

I can post it up on my personal website if you're interested, so that it's available again, while you're getting your site up and running. Let me know. [email protected]

Also, if you want to avoid the "buried link" syndrome, you could edit your original post and put the link in there. People new to the thread will start there anyway to see what the thread's all about.

Later.

-Brian

If you want to put it up, that's fine with me. I definitely won't complain about it. At least until I get mine finished, it'll give those who don't want to wait for me to email it a chance to get it right away, but like I said, it's not as bad as it may seem to send them out, so I really don't mind.

The website is going to be running by the end of next week for sure, hoping for this weekend.

DONe, troutmaster -

Let me know if there are any speicees I missed.... trout ain't my strong point

That can be arranged, guys... as a matter of fact, you should have both versions as I type!

cool.gif

How about one for me please address is in my signature.

Thanks

Hey, no problem IFF.... you should have it by the time you read this!

cool.gif

Can you please post a link to it or e-mail me at [email protected]

After I get it, I am going to show how everyone can use this spreadsheet online, with the new Google Spreadsheet service. This means all of your data will be accessible to you online, anytime, anywhere - you can change it at home or work.

If you want to try it out on your own before I figure it out, try

http://spreadsheets.google.com

http://www.google.com/googlespreadsheets/tour1.html

No problem guys - you should both have them as I type. cool.gif

freeman - go ahead and give that website a try. I've got them on my home & work computers already, but if it's accessable from somewhere else, that'd be even cooler!

Let us know how it turns out. laugh.gif