• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Minneapolis

I plan on fishing Calhoun on Saturday or Monday. If I get into em I'll post a report.

Its been tough in town.. for fish IN SEASON anyways.. lots of small male walleyes at night, nothing decent. Bass and Muskies have been biting.

There have been a few staggered reports of a big fish(walleye) here and there, but nothing consistant.. females should turn on soon?

Small eyes from Harriet, along with bunch of crappies, and the occasional perch or bass. Fishing was pretty good, this was a hot night a couple days ago. Just with a jig and a leech.

Made it out Saturday with my Dad. Found a few walleyes early on a steep break where it goes from 10-25 in a hurry. Missed both bites on a jumbo leech and plain hook. Tried a few spots for bass and pike. Only managed three bass and one pike in 5-8 ft of water. One bass on a spinner and two on floating rapalas.

The bass in the pics are 17-18 inchers.

Calhoun Bass Opener2.jpg

Calhoun Bass Opener1.jpg

We're still debating who caught the bigger fish.

Them fish look like carbon copies of each other.. I think it was a tie... nice bass btw.

Your fishing the right lake for big bass.. there are many more to be had, and many much larger than what you have.

The 2nd photo can also be a very good place to pick up walleyes at night from shore throwing rapala's... no shortage of muskies either.

I hit Calhoun yesterday with mixed results. My best days on Calhoun are evening or overcast around the weed patches. But since they've removed most of the milfoil up to this point there is very little vegetation to target. I caught one pike on a xrap before giving up on that because of all the chopped up weeds. Ended up trying a few different baits, finally catching two nice 17-18" bass on a popper and losing one more bass. These came on the two patches of weeds I actually found. Looking forward to more growth of the foil. Til then maybe I'll try Isles.

Lunker .. send me an email or call me.. I would be up for an isle's trip... batteries will be charged... I am heading out for cats this evening if you want to join.

[email protected]

612-281-0943 cell