• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Long (NB), Johanna, Turtle (Any luch this year?)

walleyewarrior2

I am looking to get our fishing this Memorial Day weekend but wanted to stay close to home. Has anybody fished Long Lake (New Brighton), Johanna, Turtle or any other lakes in this general area with much success? Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

No sarcasm intended: Good luck getting on Long or Turtle this weekend.

The fishing has been good for these lakes, but with the traffic this weekend, I'd try and get there EARLY.

Hey WW, we've had good luck with Turtle bass, but haven't been there in a couple years.

Johanna's a nice little lake, & rarely have I seen more than a couple of boats out there (though I haven't been out on a holiday weekend!). From my experience over the past couple of years, there aren't a lot of gamefish in the lake, but those that are grow to a nice size. I only caught a fish or two per outing there last year, but in four or five trips caught my biggest open-water bass, muskie, & walleye of the year in Johanna.

I wouldn't expect much action, but if you get some, make sure to set the hook hard, 'cause more than likely you'll have something nice on the line. smile.gif