• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wife and I went out Tue. Windy yet and water temp 50. One nice walleye, several snakes and one perch. It will get better. opener1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet looking eye. We will be heading up to Sand on June 4th. Any suggestions on the bait and what to bring for tackle.

Put back your trophy for someone elses dreams.

I would stay with a jig and shiner for a while yet. Weather and water temps are way behind. Good luck!!

Jig & minnow, fathead or shiner will work. The fish are starting to move up on the flats outside the weed lines. Bring plenty of jigs. The "snakes" love them.

Hows the water level between Little Sand and Sand. My 17.5 Crestliner got the bottom shined up nice last year and so did the prop. Is the water level comparable to last year or up or down. Thanks for all the info and I know about the snakes. Last year the week count for snakes was 481 and the number of jigs lost was about half of that.

Thanks again for all the pointers.

Put back your trophy for someone elses dreams!

Water level is better. Just raise her up and no problem.

Thanks for the info. I hope that the mayfly hatch has not made it up there yet. That would definitely have an affect on the shallow water walleyes.

The water level sounds perfect, just got a Email from a friend who lives on Little Sand. The level is up from last year at this time about 1.5 feet.

Thanks again for the pointers.

Put back you trophy for someone elses dreams!