• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

A Tale of Two Pitchers....THE SEQUAL !

Windy City Walleye Hunter

So,

Now that everybody has read the classic, Tale of Two Cities, I thought we could review the sequal...A Tale of Two Pitchers. Chapter One: Big Bad John Garland takes the mound vs. the powerful Texas Rangers who were coming off pounding the hapless Twinkies and what does Big Bad John do, 7 innings, 5 hits, 2 runs, no homers in taking his major league leading 8th victory vs. 0 Losses. As a footnote, the Twinkie-reject catcher AJ homers for the Sox who increase their major league leading record.

Chapter Two: The best pitcher in baseball, the invincible, Johan Santana takes the mound with his Cy Young trophy in his back pocket to take on the very average Toronto Blue Jays in the "baggie-dome". Johan proceeds to pitch 5 innings, giving up 9 hits, 7 count em, 7 earned runs and two dingers in the devastating pounding at the hands of the Blue Jays 10 to 3 and taking his second loss with only 5 victories while ballooning his ERA to just a "pie hair" under 4! Shouldn't we expect more from a Cy Young winner who is hands down the best pitcher to have ever taken the mound? More sequals to follow....

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD....YES!

Quote:

the powerful Texas Rangers who were coming off pounding the hapless Twinkies

To correct your statement... they played the White Sox the night before on ESPN and I watched Kevin Mench go yard in the ninth inning off something called Damaso Marte... and you can put that on the correction board yowsa. Yes, Santana is not on right now I'll give you that... Garland looks good... we will see where this goes, I expect a typical ending however.

Garland has been a stud pitcher on my fantasy team, I hope he keeps it up for the rest of the year. Only pitcher to start 8-0 this year after Willis lost last night.

Well, I and most other people will probably give you that Garland is pitching better than Johan right now. But, if you asked players who they would rather face, I'd bet 100% of them would face Judy any day. Johan will come around, I'm not worried about that. He started slow last year too.

We'll see who has the better stats by the end of the year. tongue.gif

And by the way, it took a former Twin who was brought up and taught baseball through our farm system and team to resurect your pitching staff. He's also hitting the ball well. So don't feel too proud, everything he knows, he learned it from the Twins.

mnwild,

Are you in the Minnesota Baseball league set up by a group of FM'ers? If so your playing me this week and you had Garland on the Bench. THanks. I need all the help I can get to muster a win.

Last Chapter:

Cinderella slippers fall off due to lack of experience.

Cinderella does not make it to the dance(i.e. playoffs)

Evil Step sister frank thomas comes back from flushing steroids out of his system (wait I mean injured list) and then causes team drama, known as the famous white sox late season soap opera collapse.

On another note, am I worried about Santana. NO WAY, my reason is that look at Santana's record 1yr ago today, he didnt even have 5 wins yet. yeah he got rocked last night, it was tough to watch. It happends to the best, and all GOOD pitchers bounce back.

Fine Garland's having a good year & Santana got rocked last night. I've never heard of any starter going undefeated for a season, so you know Garland's going to get rocked sooner or later too, they all do. Santana will be fine. Won't it be that much sweeter if the Twins knock Garland around a couple times after the break?

Just me, but I'd rather see a team and it's players play their best ball after the all star break. That's when it counts.

So, congrats to Judy Garland and the pale hose for coming outta the chute smokin.

162 games.

More for the Twins as they will be playing in October.

Hit the nail right on the head. Santana was not having a banner year last year until AFTER the All Star break. We've got awhile before the witching hour when the Sox go south. Lotsa games to be played yet.

My Twins squad is losing ground.

Santana isn't looking like his dominant self.

And I'm starting to worry about the left side of the infield.

That said, I'll sleep well tonight knowing I didn't make a fool of myself by mis-spelling the word "sequel" four times in my own post.

No wonder Sox fans speak in such short sentences.

"U CANN PUTT IT ON THE BORED! YEZ!"

Quote:

That said, I'll sleep well tonight knowing I didn't make a fool of myself by mis-spelling the word "sequel" four times in my own post.

ohh that was funny!! grin.gifgrin.gif

It's not his fault, it shows that the education system in his state has failed.

Pikehunter,

I guess I will not get a gold star from my English teacher for this book, but what about my math teacher? Did I get the stats right, in comparing Mr. Garland to Mr. Santana? I thought I saw a HUGE GOLD STAR on my book, A Tale of Two Pitchers...THE SEQUEEEEEEEEEEEEL! Try this on for size, Starting Pitcher in The All-Star Game...John Garland, pitching the 4th thru 6th inning....Mark Buehrle! Mopping up for the two studs for an inning or two, Johan Santana.

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD....YES!