• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Well, I bought an old tug for the big lake. It really wasn't what I wanted but I couldn't pass on the price. I figure I could always part it out or resale it. Heres what I got.

1971 19ft crysler (like starcraft)

Early 70s 125hp envirude runs good still

Mid 80's 9.9 johnson long shaft kicker

Marine radio and fish finder

2 penn fathom master Downriggers 48" boom W/swivels

2 nets, cooler, 6 cannonballs, 4 planer boards

A tackle box (willies book) w/ about 35 stick baits, 20 spoons, flashers and about 20 j plugs.

I paid $975.00 for it. hopefully it was worth it. I think it might work good around the entry way trolling. Maybe run it till the old motor kills over then decide from there.

It does sound like a pretty good deal. The kicker, and downriggers, about cover the cost.

Congrats!!! The kicker and the riggers/tackle are worth that much...excellent!!! Is it a trihull or a single hull model? Now comes the expensive part...UPGRADES!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

When is the maiden voyage???

Lota Lota...

Darn it Viking...you type too fast.

My dad used to have the Penn riggers on a Lake Michigan boat. They were great riggers for us for a long time. Finally sold the boat and the riggers went with it.

Lota Lota...

Lota, just checking out this wireless access on my boat, Pretty nice. I see Northlander posting, He must have come away from his honeyhole to scrub his nasty -----. Maybe he will stop by and have one, or 2 or a few.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Sounds like to me you got a good deal.

Those old Rudes are good motors. I'd replace impellers and drain the gear oil now and check to see if they have any leaky seals after a day on the water. Is she clean or do you have a lot of putzin to do?

How boat some pics of the old gal.

The day I get wireless on the boat is the day I move my office to Isle Royale, or Door County, or...

Lota Lota...

I took some pics the other day of her, I'll post them later when I have more time. Shes a bit dirty, needs a good cleaning and some work. A good boat to make my mistakes on and learn some things.

Here's a picture of the old tug. She's not much to look at but I think that it will work.

boat.jpg