• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2nd Annual Smallie Magnet Event - June 25th

BigMike

I figured I would open a new thread for the 2nd annual Smallie Magnet Event coming up on June 25th. I can't find the old thread for some reason (may have been deleted) but this will lay out all the details mentioned in the previous email. Here are all the details:

What: Smallie Magnet Event

When: June 25th, 7am-3pm

Where: Ellison Park Launch, Monticello, MN

Boundaries: Mississippi River from Kadler launch all the way up to Becker or St. Cloud

Why: To crown this year's "Smallie Magnet" for the biggest smallmouth caught that day, confirmed by partner & counted by length. Also to have a good time getting to know other smallmouth anglers!

Last year was a great event and we had a great turn out! I am hoping that this year will be even double last year's turnout! All the bragging rights go to the angler who catches the biggest (based on length) smallmouth that day. After the 3pm "weigh in" (aka compare fish catch logs - to be provided that day) we will be having a BBQ (Hawgtide said he is already bringing a grill so bring your own meat). Ellison Park is a great family park for those who want their family to join in the fun (during and afterwards). If interested, please post or feel free to send me an email at the address below. I hope to see and meet several more FM'ers out there this year!

The official "rules" will be posted later - but this should suffice for now.

PS - please indicate if you are a non-boater or a boater with an extra seat as we would love to pair up as many anglers as possible.

BM, I think you mean the 25th? Or are you trying to be the only one so you can claim the smallie magnet? grin.gif

I don't know what you are talking about shocked.gif Ah the power of editing grin.gif Correction made...

Ah,,, the power of what???

Check again! grin.gif

OK, I'm sure at some point you'll realize that you missed the date again and you will edit it and make me look like the fool, but in the mean time, I will enjoy the moment!

DOH! Twice in one day! Ouch! LOL. Oh well - it's fixed now. KT - bummer that you can't make it... we'll make up for it at the Rodeo.

dirtydog and I are in a 10 boat smally tourney that saturday and eyes on sunday north of sartell so we won't be able to get there. unless of course you stretch the area north a ways and we could still play with you via digicam. please, please, huh bigmike, what do you think? grin.gif

I plan on being there. I will be ready to chase something other than Walleyes after the Wave Wacker. See ya

Eyeguy - sorry no go on the absentee tourney ballot! Must be present to win smile.gif Wait, I've got an idea - I'll do a smallie magnet event and not tell anyone then I can crown myself the "magnet" for the year :P LOL

Bill - I'm looking forward to meeting you. This was a blast last year and I'm looking forward to the group getting together this year!

You tell 'em BM! Trying to fish two tourneys at once! Jeez! grin.gif

And here I was going to invite you up this summer to hit one of the hot spots for 18 and 19 inchers! Did you forget that I came up with the idea to make it a traveling trophy after that beautifull 19 incher put it in my house last year?? tongue.gif I'd still have the magnet if I wasn't so dad blame nice. wink.gifwink.gif So does SH still own the thing? or riverrat? who is the current smally magnet holder??

I think what we need to do this year (so that there is no confusion on who the "smallie magnet" title holder is) is to have the sole holder of the "Smallie Magnet" title be the winner of the Smallie Magnet Event. We can always come up with a "traveling trophy" so those who can't make the event can have some notarity grin.gif but for the sake of keeping it simple, the winner of the "Smallie Magnet" event is crowned the "Smallie Magnet" until the next official "Smallie Magnet" event. Since this event is in late June we may be able to organize one more later in the year, or just keep it as an annual thing smile.gif. Either way, this is going to help solve the confusion.

We can come up with some sort of traveling trophy for those who are not worthy of the Smallie Magnet title (or just didn't make the event). We can call the traveling trophy the "Piggy King" or something fun like that!

I think I would have taken it for awhile but SH caught a 20"er in February so he now holds it again!

Wow! What can I say! I wanted to take this time to thank all the wondeful folks who helped me achieve this great honor grin.gif My producer, my director, my folks...... LOL Just joking. I do feel honored. Now I just have to catch that 22" so kevin can get a replica for me!!

Hey EG them funny lookin fish with the white spot on their tail don't count in the magnet.... nor do fish out of season.... wink.gif Heee... heee.

BTW BM I am looking forward to the event... STC-Kadler?? right?

Ya really. I still havn't got a crappie. I needed a time machine with the monster smally that hit last week but the ones I buy on ebay never work. Like the 48 inch musky I got on the eye opener a few years back. My timing is all messed up!! I have a smile on my face anyway wink.gif. Graduation and bball for me today so hope to release a few eyes sunday afternoon.

Quote:

BTW BM I am looking forward to the event... STC-Kadler?? right?

Yes I think the boundaries are going to be St. Cloud to Kadler... St. Cloud is a long hike but I've heard of a certain someone with a jet boat (that should narrow it down) that they may boat all the way up to St. Cloud... heck if he wants to drive 30-40 minutes both ways - that's just 1.5hrs more for us to out fish him laugh.gif...

Marblei - if you happen to read this, did you get my email?

Lost, you have Church on Saturdays? Not questioning your faith or anything, it was just a curious post. Or perhaps, June...Saturday...WEDDING? Are you taking the leap?

BM, why Kadler to the South? Why not make it Dam to Dam? Or to Elk River?

HT - sure I guess. It doesn't really matter to me. I think this may open up more shore spots in my opinion. Anyone disagree...

Yup, church on Saturday... without preaching a sermon... comes from the 4th commandment. Show me where in the Bible that was changed and I'll give you $100 cash.

Lost, Sorry, I wasn't implying anything or trying to instigate an arguement. I thought maybe you were telling us that you were getting married that day or something. I'm not a religous person, and just thought that everyone who goes to church, does so on Sundays. Shows you how much I know.

No argument was meant in my reply. Sorry if you read it as such. BigMike should know where I'm coming from though. I'm sure he's studied it.

What are you talking about - I wouldn't miss this for the world! I'm stoked about it... I just need to find a partner with a river rig. Marblei? HT???

Oh well - either way I'll have the waders as backup tongue.gif

As of now, Riverwader is going with me, but if he gets a river rig by then, you are welcome to join me.

Sounds good to me. I'm not too worried about it right now but of course I'd love to be in a rig vs. wading, but at least I have a backup plan smile.gif

Looks like I might have a ride in a sweet RiverPro grin.gif!!!

I just wanted to get a quick idea on how many guys are thinking they will be around for the Smallie Magnet on the 25th?

Right now I have:

1. Hawgtide & Ebass

2. Fonz & BigMike

3. Bill Sloneker & Son

4. Smallie Hawgin & ??

5. RiverRat (shore?/boat?)

And unsure about several others:

RiverWader, BigLakeBa$$, Marblei, and any other FM'er out there interested in join us that day! I think this is going to be a great time of fishing and hanging out afterwards!

I'm working on some of the details (data sheets, etc...) and I'm just wondering how many I think we are going to have. Remember you can be a shore angler for this as well. There is plenty of great smallie water near by (or short drive) and who knows there may be an empty seat available in a boat that day!

Just remember to hang on BM when he starts doing 360's!! shocked.gifgrin.gif

SWEET! Just as long as it's not messin' our fishing spot! Now if it's right in front of hawgtide & co... LOL Just kidding! Bad sportsman ship is no bueno.

I'll post some pics of last year's event! It was a great outing!

BM I will be there, lets make it to Elk River I need to be able to fish my honeyholes!..... hey thats not fair BM knows my honey holes..... well at least the fish didnt cooperate when I showed him! grin.gifgrin.gif