• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I-Falls BROADCAST/AIR WAVE TV STATIONS?

Quick question for the International Falls/Fort Frances Area.

Please tell me there is at least 1 Television station that broadcasts anywhere near Rainy?

I just had a very powerful marine antenna (with amp) installed on a 4 foot mast above my boat. Right now, I can draw in stations from up to 75 miles from Chippewa Falls, WI.

I searched google and the like and cannot find any station out of I-Falls that is not on cable. I cannot believe the people of the North have been without TV before the advent of cable television.

If the closest tower is out of Duluth, I am out of luck. However, maybe the Canadians have some channel in the area? So long as there is something (maybe weather?) I will be happy.

Thanks for any help you might be able to offer.

Good Luck to all in the MN opener! Save some walleyes for me.

Joe

[Please read forum policy]

HI JOE,

WE LIVE IN A TOWN OF 65OO, AND YEP...DULUTH IS IT, AND YOU MAY CATCH SOME HEAT ON THE COMMENT., EVEN WITH AFFECTION!!!

WE NOT REAL HIGH ROLLERS HERE, MORE JUST DOWN TO EARTH FISHERMAN, WHO KNOW & LOVE RAINY.

SINCERELY,

FISHMIESTER

It's Duluth or Winnipeg. I know we get CBC (English version) out of Winnipeg on the extra TV with the "rabbit ears" at my parents' place. I believe we got the English and French version of CBC with the house antenna. But that's about it. You might be able to pick up Range 11, the NBC station, from a translator station now, but I'm not sure.

I do remember back in 1980 when we first moved up there that my mom and dad had to break down and buy cable-TV because they couldn't watch the regular three stations. So we got the basic---I believe it was 12 stations at that time!

Hi Joe. We have 2 VHF TV stations one from Winapeg CBC and the other from Duluth NBC,tower is located down by Cook Mn. We have 4 UHF stations located on a tower on the Van Lyn road just 4 miles east of the falls. They are ABC,NBC,CBS and FOX. FOX having the strongest signal. It will depend on how far up the lake you go as to which tv stations you will be able to recieve.

Joe, having lived on the lake since a youngster and having fought the necessity of having television I hope I can add some additional info. Try to turn you antenna towards the Southwest. That should hopefully get you in the general direction. You will probably need a UHF antenna to draw in the Winnipeg stations which are really nice when the hockey playoffs are going on????? You might need a booster which you can pick up in town at Sound North. Good luck!

Thank you guys for the GREAT comments. I feel confident that my specailized and boosted antenna will now be worth the greens I needed to pony up for it.

I will be moving in this Saturday.

I forgot to mail off my Remote border Crossing Permit for the wife and me; however, I think I read I can boat across to Fort Frances and stand in line for one, in person.

See you on the Water and thanks again!

Joe

HI JOE,

CHECK THE POST UNDER, ANOTHER QUESTION.

SINCERELY,

FISHMIESTER