• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The 20th through the 28th

Brian,what's it look like for walleye when we are up there from the 20th through the 28th?

I think with the early spawn most of the action is going to be on the big lake and shoreline structure. More than likely a good crawler bite should be in order too! Could be another odd one though like last year where it kept us guides guessing the whole season. Pray for good weather!!

Getting close now! wink.gif

Definitely praying to the weather God.Thanks for the reply,see you in a couple of days...

Saturday and Sunday look wet as of this morning...after last year we are due a break....stayed cold, cloudy and rainy most of the week....

Texan

I think it was pretty cruddy most of the year last year...except when we were there. That's why I expected better weather this year. Don't worry, "it'll blow over".

You guys are gonna learn to fish a lttle later than opener just like we did. I know it's hard to change with such a large group, but plan now for June 10 2006! But then again, you will risk bugs and mayflys then so I guess no time is perfect. All I know is it is easier NOT catching fish in warmer weather than it is in colder weather. But then again I know you guys use "anti-freeze" for medicinal purposes.

Good luck with the weather. And just to prove I'm not a fair-weather fisherman, I get to fish tonight thru Sunday on the Wolf River in WI with highs of 53, lows of 35, and plenty of moisture. Haven't been there in 30 years and the weather was always cruddy back then too.

Captain Morgan sets sail as long as temps. are above 45. Captain prefers to stay at the dock with anything below that cool.gif

Texan

It is darn cold up here right now with some flakes falling ocassionally....

Beef

Captain Morgan told Clark to build him a nice fire pit at the new shoe lodge...Know he couldn't do it cool.gifman it sure is sounding good about right now though...

I saw the cold front come in up there Beef,I have been following the weather up there for the last couple of days.Snow Blah!Let it get through and out of there before next week.Definitely don't want any drastic weather changes during the trip!

"The more things change the more they stay the same." frown.gif Seems like the same opener weather every year. GOOD LUCK GUYS! Knock em dead......(well leave a few)! I have to go with the Medic here ....Hopefully we get good consistent weather the following week 20th -28th......with consistency has come Awesome fishing in the past few years. As for the Texan, Ballbuster and Medic group.....You kind of scare me(Gerbils) ...but sound like alot of fun(besides the Gerbil thing)........Maybe we will run into you guys......7 hours to opener. Stay safe!

Stever looking forward to going up there especially with the wild shifts i've been working.On 24 hrs off 24 hours for the last 4 days.I'm ready to get the hell out of here and head north!We are going out with Brian on Sunday the 22nd and staying at Sah-kah-tay.We are going to link up and meet the Texans and his crew along with Col Ron.if all goes well.Good luck up there and if you see a boat with 3 guys and a pet midget on it tearing around Cass don't worry,it's only us. grin.gif

CFD,

We need to strategize about meeting up when everyone is there next weekend. Planning on using guides for full day trips and switching off at lunch over a mushroom swiss and ICB's cool.gif

Recon team arriving on Thursday afternoon, occupation of the shoe will commence at that time....

Texan

I have experience with the pet midgets......usually as long as you bring enough phone books for them to sit on and put fresh line on their Snoopy fishing pole the behave OK tongue.gif.We are staying on Kitchi but occaionally make our way out on to Cass as long as Pug is passable...I don't have a pet midget this year but I am bringing along some entertainment (my wifes Uncle) and some legal help (Cook County Judge) I guess it can't hurt.... just in case things get out of hand.

We'll be in a Blue Glastron with one guy catching fish and two others fighting over who's going to net em...........

sounds like our boat Stever but instead of fighting over the net,the other 2 knuckle heads I'm with fight over the snoopy pole.

CFD, thought you were buying them both the new Ron Popiel pocket fisherman? cool.gif

I might splurge Tex and buy them each a cane pole for our trip out with Brian.Got your e-mail and we'll touch base with you when we arrive.When you heading up?

Be there Thursday afternoon and staying for one week