• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I was able to fish the breakwater Sat., Sun., and Monday. I guess I can't say that I did super good, but did find a few coho, one king that came off at the wall and got into a couple of fish thought to act like lakers that just would not come up. What I found funny was the coho action.

When you got one and had it ready to net the water was simply lousy with other fish. The second fish I got to the net had maybe forty others along side just going bonkers. Even that one king had company. I've never seen that activity before. That was Sunday.

Saturday and Monday each gave up a hook-up and a lost fish. Both felt fairly large and would not come off the bottom. One had me in tow for about fifty yards before the hooks came free. The other one just swam away and took lure and lots of line along with it.

The wing didn't help matters much. There are plenty of people in the rivers yet after the steelies and loopers. After saturday night's rain the rivers were full of people on Sunday morning.

crappieTom-

what were you using on the breakwater, I haven't had a chance to get up there yet this year, but I am trying to get up there soon. I have only seen fish following smallmouth bass and panfish that I have hooked, never a coho. cool.gif

Are people catching any fish in the rivers up the shore after the little rain we had?

fishintime:

Do a search on Two Harbors Breakwall and you'll find a lot.

Tom: Sounds like smally action to me. Active fish attracted to the commotion and following in the hooked fish as though it was tearing up baitfish and there might be some leftovers. Typical smallmouth behavoir (though it's odd that in all your years doing that thang in that place you've never seen it before.) Makes me wonder just how often salmon behave that way. Next time we're on the wall and one of us has on a salmon, I reckon the oher ought to toss a lure in behind and see what might be there, like the smallie guys do. All this time, when one has a fish the other is so busy getting the net ready that we haven't really paid attention to what else might be back there. Still, you'd think we'd have seen something before now.

As always, leave to to Crappie Tom to introduce a conundrum. laugh.gif

Fishintime....I use a few different fures there, but primarily the kroks and cleos with some sticks and other baits tossed in. I do well with spinners too and that was what the bulk of the coho reacted to. The deep hits and hook-ups were off a 1/2 ounce gold w/orange stripe krok. Incidently, the spinner are hand made by myself and are gold with an orange dip of paint on the back of the body just ahead of the hook.

Shogun...On Friday when we got to the shore we took the scenic route to TH and saw very few people at the usual hotspots. I always gaugethe level of activity by the number of people parked on Co.Rd 3 above the high bank and second pool of the Stewart. On Friday there was a vehicle at the hiway lot on 61 and one at the roadside on 3. After the rain on Saturday night, Sunday saw the lot just about full on 61 and there were about six vehicles at the roadside on 3. The Sucker had a ton of peole parked in the lot on the scenic route and stoney point had some casters out.

STF....The followers were all cohos. I got a very good look at them. I was going to give you a shout on Thursday to see if you wanted to meet saturday, but it was wild down there that day....and cold. You did not muiss a thing that day. Sunday was different though with all the fish that came home being caught that day. Remember a couple of those lakers we've hooked up with that would not come off the bottom but just wallowed? I had two like that on. One took me for a nice walk down the outside where the waves were doing the dance, of course. I tagged into it at the inside corner on the end of the wall and it hauled me down to the x frame in the hand wires. One of these days one of us will actually get one of those biggies to the top....then what will we do? lol I'llbe up again in JUne and will hollar at you ahead of time.

Sounds to me like you need to get the little 14 foot boat out there again. LOL grin.gif

With the wave action we had there last weekend, even the inside of the harbor was barren of boats. I saw a total of four. One went around the breakwater once. For about twenty seconds. All of them fished the harbor but none for more than an hour or so. That 14 would not have been a good ride even in the harbor!

20 to 25 knot winds tonight, seas 4-7 feet and building... Sounds like surf at Stoney Point and the Lester. Wanna check some cool pics from this winter and spring check out superiorsurfclub.com