• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

my new fishing pal is on the way

Just confirmed it with the dr.'s my wife and I are having a baby. my wife wants to look at cutesy cloths and cribs but I find myself drawn to the mini fishing poles and camo baby cloths. I can't wait. I never thought I would be this exited.

Congrats! A new soon-to-be angler in the family! smile.gif

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

Good luck and enjoy the ride. My wife is expecting our first on May 16th..girl.

Let me tell you the time flys by.

Congratulations!!

I tend to agree. I'm not married yet & have no kids but I can't wait for my new fishing, hunting, snowmobiling pal to be on the way. If I have a kid that drags his dad fishing as much as I do, I'll be a lucky guy.

CONGRATULATIONS 76K20 and Stratosman! The birth of a baby is THEE MOST PRECIOUS gift that God will ever give you. Make sure that you are in there when the baby is born! I was there for both of mine, the youngest of which is now 21. You got one heck of a ride in front of ya let me tell ya!!! Only trouble with kids is they seem to never grow up and then suddenly one day… they are gone. N Joy them while you can././Jimbo

Congrats, 76k20.(is that a '76 3/4 ton 4x4)

Time does fly when they start growing up. It seems like you want them to walk and talk and then before you know it, you want them to sit down and shut up!

Congrats, time will fly. My oldest will graduate in two weeks. I was just thinking back of all the things we have done and places we have been, man it went quick and we had one heck of a great time. Enjoy them . cool.gif

congrats to both of you guys on having the new arrivals!! i'm like the other guys; my twins graduate this sunday! grin.gif

Ye Haw... 2 more FM memebers!.. .awesome!.. congrats!

Congrats guys. I don't think I can stress how fast the time goes by after you have children. Spend time with your wifes and newborns, and maybe after things calm down a little, they'll let you go fishing. grin.gif

Ya gotta love new fishing partners.

My 13 year old has been my fishing partner since he was old enough to sit on my lap and help hold the pole (about age 3). Last year we were fortunate to fish together in our first walleye tournament and ended up placing 13th and finishing in the money due to a pig he caught with less than 30 minutes of fishing time left. Those are memories I will always cherish because it was something my father and I talked about but never found time to do before he died.

My wife thinks that we spend too much time fishing, thinking about fishing, preparing to fish, shopping for fishing equipment, talking about fishing, ect. Whenever she needs a shot of perspective, I remind her that when he and his buddies are fishing with me they aren't doing drugs or getting into any other trouble nor are they hanging out with anyone else who is doing those things.

The only problems I have now with him are that he thinks he owns the boat and I never get to drive it any more, my new lures tend to find their way into his tackle box and he still can't eat Pringles in the boat without the carpeting being covered in crumbs. Things could be worse.

I also have a little one due this weekend. I am getting excited and nervous at the same time, but listning to the rest of your stories eases my anxiety some. This is our first and I can't wait for our little fishing partner to be out enjoying the outdoors with us.

Congrats to all 3 of you! My one and ony child was born 4 years ago.. I think the significant other being pregnant is more stressful than the child being born... especially in our case where the Mrs. miscarried in the middle of her first term, and was pregnant again shortly after... a year and a half is a long time for a woman to be pregnant... yikes.

The best of wishes on the little fishing partners to be!

76K20, Stratosman, and Northland, CONGRATULATIONS. You are about to embark on the greatest adventure man has ever known. It will be filled with highs and lows, tears and joy, anxiety and excitement, but most of all it will bring unconditional love. When it comes to the outdoors with my 2 boys,now 9 & 10, I try to exspose them to it as much as possible. We hunt, fish, hike and observe as much as we can. It brings us together in ways only mother nature can. On those rare occasions when my wife thinks we are spending too much time or money on our outdoor retreats, I remind her of something SHE once said. "Its' Cheaper Than Treatment" Good luck to all of you! Enjoy and savor it, for the years seem to slip away fast. SATCHMO smile.gif

Congrats, there's nothing better than having a kid in the boat. You'll learn the wisdom of barbless hooks.

Congrats

We must have found out on the same day. My second is due on the 22nd of Dec. My first is 13 months. Let me tell ya! what a blast! I cant wait to take him fishin

Guys, you should all organize a FM newborn club. My wife reads these forums all the time. The next time we talk about having kids she will definetly be using the statement "all your online buddies are having kids!" Congrats all you expecting parents.

I have 2 boys, 22 and 12. Let me tell you new dads out there- There is NOTHING better than fishing with your son! Congrats!

I'm looking forward to the day when I have 3 generations fishing in the boat together!

My girlfriend has 3 kids, their Dad sort of bailed. I bought a new 16' boat so we could all go fishing in it this year.

I had to share, but never want to steal the thunder. Congratulations and good luck!

I've got a 3 yr old and a 2 yr old. I can't remember what life was like before they arrived. 3 yr old has 13 "marks" on his Zebco. Seeing his face lite up when he reels in a monster sunny is priceless.

We got the 2 yr old out fishing for the first time last week. He kept asking - where fish daddy? He didn't get one but I'll make sure he does this weekend.

Nothing beats having a fishing pal. Congrats!

Don