• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Well gentlemen (and ladies too of course)Friday morning marks the start of a summer filled with 9 hour drives, fishing, and some other extra curricular activities for me and my family. Hopefully the fishing is as good as the company, and that your governor doesn't make things too hectic for us Iowans. In the meantime, sleep well, dream about fishing.. that is if you can even sleep... and I'll see you out on the lake.

Hey Frazerbayman, if you get near Shamrock, feel free to say hi. We are renting a cabin and fishing out of 2 17' Alumacrafts (one red w/ Merc, one gray w/ Yamaha) and a ProV w/ a Honda.

Dave -

Thanks for the invite... there will be five of us. I don't know if we will get near Shamrock... haven't been there in a couple years. If you do see us we'll be in a 17 foot Starcraft (the Bismarck) and a 16 foot Alumacraft (The Prinz Eugen) Yes.. we are of German background and name our boats after those great warships (also feel the fish get intimidated because of them haha). Hopefully the weather is better up North than it is here (55 and rainy) It looks like it will be. Stay in touch.

Peter G. Wendler

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Frazer Bay, Lake Vermilion, Minnesota.

it will be hard to miss 2 battleships on Vermilion if we see them.

Good luck!

Does the fleet include a submarine? Be careful of the nets in the strait by Fectos.

I would also steer clear of anyone with a boat named Hood.

Well, the fleet headed out at 7 am this morning and ended with 12 walleyes, a pike (released) and 5 merchant ships, haha. Just wondering how everyone else did. The weather seemed to suit the WE's very well.

Peter Wendler

I had to re-assemble the outboard after replacing the impeller so I didn't get out there today. Now tomorrow is a different story.

Here is a lesson learned....just cuz everything worked fine last trip out last year it don't mean it is going to work this year frown.gif I figured since the thing was working fine last fall I would just put in new plugs and put the muffs on and make sure it starts OK in the yard and we will be good to go. Oh sure it popped right off, but no water out of the pee hole. That was Thursday night. So I had to find someone who had an impeller and wound up having to drive to Grand Rapids after work last night to get the dang thing and put it back together today. So next year have give myself some more lee way.