• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hope everyone has new line on the reels and the boat is ready. I have one rod set up with a glow watermelon 1/8oz fire-ball and another one set up with the NEW silver shiner lip-stick jig. This is the hottest new soft plastic jig on the planet! It features a "stand-up" jig head and lifelike "Holographic" Baitfish-Image tube-tail body that imitates a minnow feeding along the bottom with its head down and tail up!

After the cold front we had the water temp is coming back up. I look for the temp to be in the high 40s to low 50s by the opener.

Look for the Walleye along the north shore close to points or any water inlet in 6’ to 8’ of water.

We do have a slot on Winnie it is 17” to 26” goes back and you can keep 1 over 26” I do look for a large amount of 14” to 16” of Walleye this year to catch.

See you on the water.

17" to 26 " goes back correct? Hope for a great opener;I'm on vacation first week this year.GOOD LUCK!

The change was made, sorry. Was talking about some other lakes and the slots and what I would like to see on Winnie for the slot. Mistake made on my end.

I wasn't being critical just didn't want to get caught with a 17.5".It sure does seem like alot of those 'eyes are reaching just past that 17" mark would be nice to fry a couple of those.

Magnum i dont think you'll have too worry about putting back 17 1/4" fish because the lake is going too be full of 15-16" fish, more than enough too keep and fry up.

I have been going to Winnie for opener for many years but this will be my first with a marine band radio in the boat. What station are all you guys on for opener?

I have fished Winni in the past and have always put in on the Southwest landing, but this year I only have a 16 foot boat and want to fish the north side. I don't want to cross the whole lake and am looking for the nearest place to launch. I will pay a resort fee too. Is there an access at the campground? Thanks fellas

Public access' on Eagle Nest road, also right off 46, they'll take you into Cut Foot and you can access Winni through the Gap.

Ole

Heidi---- Plughat point has a good public access that is a fairly sheltered. It is on the NE side just up from the winni dam.

good luck

jeff