• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

LMS 332c

Lip RIPPER!

Question

Those of you that own this unit, how do you like it? Mine is coming next week.

30 answers to this question

I have a 330c and really like it. With the larger display this one should be even better.

It's a fantastic unit. Great capabilities and a real value for the money. Unfortunatly, like all things electronic, something will come out next year to make it obsolete!

I don't own one but have a bud who does. Very nice combo unit. It seems a few folks have had problems with installation and making sure the puck gets power. You should be able to find a post or two regading that on this web site.

Not necessarily problems with the installation, just the problem laid within the user grin.gif

The LMS 332c is a nice unit and worth the extra ching if you are looking at the newer Lowrance gps/graph units. $100 gets you into a color graph.

I have the MMC chip from Lakemaster/Lowrance and is just sweet in my unit!

I've had mine for only a few weeks, but so far I love it! The color screen is amazing, its crystal clear. I have been very impressed with the GPS as well. I really want to get one of the Lakemaster cards for it, everyone I talk to says they are incredible. I personally don't think you can go wrong with this unit. Although 600 bucks is a lot to spend on a graph, I think this one packs the most punch for your money.

just installed mine today can't wait to use it!

Rainman

Had my unit out for the first time today- AWESOME! The only thing I need to play with is when I'm running from spot to spot my top colors (assuming surface clutter) gets mixed in with the bottom and I can't see to read the bottom real well.

Otherwise as soon as I slow down, it clears up and I can read everything fine.

HELP anyone?!?

Captain,

I noticed a lot of surface clutter on my unit as well. I adjusted the surface clarity to medium, which reduces the sensitivity near the surface and gradually gets stronger the deeper you get. This fixed the problem for me, I was out all weekend with my boat and so far absolutely love this unit.

Great tip, I'll look into next time I'm on the water.

I was so excited to push all the buttons and see my unit work(all the new bells and whistles) PLUS being on the water trying to wet a line at the same time that I didn't take the time to pull out the manual!!!

Can ya blame me grin.gif

I have had the unit on for a couple of weeks and I absolutely love it. I have had it out on the same lake everytime and I have some many tracks on the gps that I now have to figure out how to clear them and start over. I can't wait to mark my first walleye waypoint next weekend!

Haha, I had the same problem Bushwacker....I've been out on the same lake so many times the whole lake is colored in grin.gif. That feature sure will be nice when you are trying to find your way back to the landing on a lake like Mille Lacs in the dark, navigating around the shallow rock piles. I also can't wait to mark that waypoint for the first walleye of the season. It will be here before we know it! I'm headed up to Ottertail, where are will you guys be on opener?

I too have the unit with the Navonics chip. I fish minnetonka and am amazed at how accurate the high def map is. Can anyone tell me how to clear the pink tracks?

Quote:

Can anyone tell me how to clear the pink tracks?

I haven't really figured that out yet either. Any experts out there? I am having a little trouble reading all the way through the instruction manual. That thing is the thickest book I have tried to read since college grin.gif

Has anyone tried the Lowrance web site , where you load a page to simulate the LMS332C to practice using the 332c? jps

you can clear the tracks this way.

hit menu twice. choose trail (maybe called my trails) and then it will show something like trail 1 with 1219 points etc. select that and hit delete. it will clear the trail. this works for the 330c and i imagine it is same for 332c.

Thanks Carlcmc.

I tried downloading the emulator from Lowrance to play around with the 332, but it doesn't work on my computer for some reason.

Maybe it's trying to tell you to go out and buy one first grin.gif

If your talking to me, I have one, just not on boat as of today!Hopefully for this weekend! jps

Quote:

Maybe it's trying to tell you to go out and buy one first
grin.gif

If your talking to me I have one on my boat already. I am glad I do, because if I would have tried to work with the emulator on the computer first I don't know if I would have bought it. I am one of the most patient people I know, but I have tried to install and uninstall the online program 8 times confused.gif Now I do have an excuse to sit in my boat in the garage for hours each night, my wife used to think I was crazy, but now, "I am self-educating in preperation for opener"

I mounted my gps reciever under my front console. On the water the WASS is only locked on about 1/4 of the time. Will its preformance inprove greatly if I get is above the console?

Other than that I am very impressed with this unit.

MG

The antenna should be out in the open to work at its best. Carlcmc is correct on the trail deletion, you can also change the color of the trail as well on that screen! I just got the 332c and love it. I didn't even read the manual and pretty much figured it out on my own in 1 day on the water. Pretty simple!!!!

You need the gps antenna to have as clear a view of the sky as possible. Try to mount it on your gunnel, or even run it all the way forward and mount it on your bow plate.

A quick side note about those trails....

They will eventually start to disapear. A trail is made of of points, a point is created every time you change directions. Once the trail hits 2000 points(default setting) it will start to write over itself and you will lose information. You have to either change the default sttings to somehting higher, you can go up to 9999. Or you can start a new Active trail and it will keep the old one.

And another point.....these graphs do put you on fish--- PERIOD! (Hopefully I'll have proof soon)

grin.gif

I used my LMS332 all weekend. It worked perfect for marking an area that we were trolling. I could stay right in the hot spot without having to tip off everyone on the lake with buoys or having to squint at my handheld. It also works perfect for staying away from hazards and finding your way off new lakes in the dark. I am very happy with the unit. Does anyone know if it is possible to edit trails and clean up some of the un-needed trails. I have some great areas that I would like to keep, but I have a lot of trails to areas that we didn't find fish in.

If you start a new trail for each pass or drift or run you can delete the old trails that you don't want. But if you keep everything in 1 or 2 big trails I don't know if you can edit them or not. One way to help keep track is to change the color of the seperate trails, which you can do at any time (doesn't have to be the active trail).

as indicated above you can hit menu twice i believe and go to trails and make a new trail. do this every time until you get the trail how you want. then make a new trail for the rest of the time. you then clear the last trail keeping the good one as a guide.

I'm telling you, these new units help you catch fish.....

resizere2nl.jpg

i'm not an expert on using the sonar units. when you were seeing the eys on the graph can you describe what they looked like? thick arch? thin arch? thickness at the bottom? Can you post a bit about how you used it, what you saw on the lcr and how you interpreted it?

Basically the fish came up as small arcs on the graph because I was fishing a river w/a good breeze that kept us movin' w/ the current pretty good.

Picked up rock piles, down trees, etc. real good and with great detail.

Being on the river, fish tend to hold towards the bottom a bit tighter than on a lake, so my interpretations of my first experience is not the normal.

I am waiting to put it to the test next weekend on a lake when I head out for a little evening walleye fishing.