• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Question- do you own your Dream Boat or is it still in a show room. Describe your dream boat and 2nd question is your boat worth more then it's tow.... cool.gif

I have mine for now anyways!

18 1/2 foot lund Tyee with 150 Mariner and 15 horse Merc kicker. 2 good depth finders 5 seats and a whole lot more!

A 23' Grady White walkaround cabin- 4 stroke, or a 23' Striper - walkaround cabin. Trailerable though!

Either a 20' Ranger Fisherman or that beautiful 20' Triton I saw at the boat show. Wow! was that a awesome boat.

I cant complain with what I have now though. 2004 Explorer and a 115 Yammy 4 stroke. All rigged up for the big lake too. Now I need to find a way to get rich. The Lotto aint workin for me. grin.gif

My boat is only 7 ft and 125 horsepower away from being my dream boat. So close.

There is no such thing as a dream boat. A dream boat is a myth, it does not exist. All boats take work, money, repairs and maintenance, let alone the heartbreak of the inevitible dock rash. That does not mean we cannot dream about boats. I think I was dreaming about being in a boat last night with a beautiful woman. Now that's my kind of a dream boat.

My Crestliner sabre is plenty of dream boat for me, The thing with dream boats is the payment is not alway dreamy. Happy (comfortable) with mine the way it is. Now if we were talking engines that would be another story. grin.gif

My boat is a 16 foot 1966 lonestar (they don't even make them any more crazy.gif). I only paid a couple hundred bucks for the boat motor and trailer but I am positive between fishing and hunting it will make a whole lot of dreams. grin.gif

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I've got(I think)7 watercraft of some sort.

A dream boat is when you find exactly what your looking for to fit its intended purpose within your price range. Anything more then that and I wouldn't appreciate it.

ST-

Have I got a boat for you!!

Is the price to steep for ya??

How is the compressor project working out?

Brandt

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

River Rat, Oh gosh I forgot the Jet Ski, make that 8 water craft. Your boat would be a dream too if a 12' boat with a 115 hp outboard was your thing. I think I'd need a supporter to ride in it though. Now that I got all those UMD students attention. shocked.gif Anyone looking for a Ferrari but in a boat?

Tell Ya what I'll take it if bring it up here and I'll take ya out on the big lake. Actually it would make a heck of a a layout boat for duck hunting wouldn't it.

Got rid of my huge payment on my 2001 182 tourney series crestliner w/ 150 optimax , and now My dream boat is a stratos 201 pro xl with a 225 johnson venom on it. Its ten years old but its paid for!...Dreams don't change a bit , but reality does when a couple of kids come into the picture. Now if i could dream up the gas to put in it!!!!

Ya know, it's funny for us "poor" guys. STF and I did the shake down today and besides a loose fuel hose clamp, all was well. Dropped in the lake to scope out fish camp and give the boat her first shake down, Didn't really do anything to the boat except check lower unit fluid. She sat in the back yard all winter uncovered. Quick sweep out and down to Burntside we go. Cranked it for maybe 3 seconds and the 79 Chrysler popped to life. Ran all day without a sputter. Old boat,old motor, old kicker, and a great shakedown cruise. My dream boat is a an old reality.

Have a great opener folks!

I love my Crestliner Tourney. Not a single rivet in it.

I was dreaming of a bigger boat until I puchased property and built the cabin by Finland . Then I decided that my old 1978 S-16 Lund and 1984 25HP Merc was more than enough for most of the lakes in that area . I fixed it up a few years ago with a camo paint job, collapsing duck blind, interior lights for night fishing with all wiring and switches concealed neatly in PVC conduit, swivel seats that slide back and forth on the bench seats for more comfort, GPS and an old Zercom pro with water temperature . A friend told me that it screams multi-use . Every body that fishes with me comment on how nice it is to fish out of . Also have a 15 1/2' grumman sport canoe for those smaller areas. They will do for years yet and the "98" Dodge pickup will do the towing job just fine . I'll probably replace the truck before the boats .

I run an older trihull 16' fibergalass Forrester bass boat (Made in Minnesota). a 35 lb thrust MinnKota Autopilot bowmount (Made in Minnesota) and a tillered 30 horse Johnson (Run in Minnesota). I also have a 16 foot composite conoe and an 18 foot 2 man kayak. Every time I get on a Minnesota lake or river my dream comes true.

I hear ya BassmanDuluth. Every trip out is a blessing.

Well it wasn't a dream boat but it sure would of worked on the big lake. Came across a 18 ft starcraft that was for sale the other day. Talked it over with the guy and then called him on the phone to tell him I was really interested and wanted to hear it start up. So i asked him when was the best time to come over and fire it up. He tells me 5:30 and I show up at 5:10 and he tells me to get lost its sold. So my search continues. What a bummer, I really liked it.

Here is the thing with the dream boat. It really depends on the body of water. I have an "87" 17' Crestliner deep v side console with a 70 horse on the back and that is great for the Big V, Winnie and other larger bodies of water. But if you want to fish some of the smaller lakes with shallow boat launches, good luck getting in and out. I am thinking I need a 14' with a 10 to 15 horse for these smaller lakes.

So the dream boat really depends on where you want to fish.

10-4 on the "depends on where you are" thought. Taking a quote from another site, I subscribe to the three boat theory. Give me a 13' Whaler for puddle jumping, small river fishing, and early season looper/coho fishing. That fiberglass hull sure is warm and it'll never leave you swimming for shore. I'll keep my current ride for fishing around the twin ports and the occasional trip to big inland waters chasing 'skis. The '73 SeaCraft CC only draws 12" of water and the old girl can handle just about anything that the deep water breezes will blow in on a guy. I would like to repower with one of the new E-Tec 150s but they aren't out yet so I won't long for that just yet. Then, for the home away from home, for trips to the island and down the Canadian shore, give me an early 70s 33' Egg Harbor SF or a mid-70s Bertram 35. Lift a couple of kayaks and a Zodiac up onto the forward deck and make sure she's powered with diesels PLEEEEEZE!!! I've been watching Ebay...it isn't TOO big a dream. Now...about electronics. YIKES!!!

Lota Lota...

Yes, it was nice getting out there and getting the first sunburn of the year.

You can fill an old motor with new gas and get her to purr just right without a lot of work, but it's hard to take this old catfish and eliminate ALL the old gas. Right chunkster? tongue.gif

what is wrong with rivets? just a curious question. grin.gif Others on this forum know who I'm talkin about. grin.giftongue.gif

Some believe rivets will eventually cause leaking if they work loose. I have had several rivetted boats and none have leaked. Knock on wood right? grin.gif I have also seen the welded hulls crack so to each there own. I dont think 1 is any better than the other. LUND boats are rivetted and they have the highest resale of any alum boat! At least in these knecks of the woods.

If there was a better fastening method than rivets airplanes would use it.

Got it last year...1775 Pro-V Tiller F75 Yammie EZ Loader Trailer w/brakes.

Quote:

If there was a better fastening method than rivets airplanes would use it.

that is a great point. grin.gif

Rivets stick out from the boat's hull profile, though ever so slightly. That means they cause turbulence. Turbulence slows a boat down. I doubt that's very much of a factor in everyday life, just a thing for engineers to obsess over. I mean, if a boat without rivets and all other things being equal can get from Prairie Portage to Washington Island on Basswood 49.7 seconds faster than a boat with rivets, who gives a rat's behind? In the end, any race is in our own minds, right? laugh.gif

Outdoor nut What typr of boat ya looking for Have a line on 20ft rigged for the lake runs I think ya can pick it up for a grand [email protected] I was going to buy but the wife said something else has to go and I can not part with any toys