• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Injuns Looking For Brooms in Minnesota

Windy City Walleye Hunter

I just heard that there was a rush of Injuns swarming all the Wal-Marts in Minnesota looking for brooms. If they don't take all of them, you can ship a few down here to the Windy City!

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD....YES! Windy

Cluch plate apperances are just not there. But dont think that will last. Sox are on fire now I will give you that. but weren't the twins behind the sox last year and the year before that, not sure just asking. Then the fall happens. We see you in September, but not in October. You need to get used to the fact that the twins are the dominant team.

Here is a comment about Sox from Dan Parry of fox sports.

"Another week goes by and still the Sox have the best record in baseball. Still, some signs that it might not last: putrid .318 team OBP, no one slugging .500 on the entire team and poor strikeout-to-walk ratios for Orlando Hernandez and Jose Contreras".

and for the twins

"In 81 combined innings this season, Johan Santana and Brad Radke have combined to fan 75 and walk only six. As for the kids, Joe Mauer boasts a .417 OBP, and Justin Morneau a .644 SLG. Don't be surprised if this is the best team in the AL over the long haul."

I bet you wont put that on the board. Yessss!

Windbag,

Enjoy it while it lasts. If there are any patterns that have developed over the last couple years is the Twins pull away at the end and the White Sox fade into the sunset come September. If they make it the whole season, I will give credit where due and say Guillen should be manager of the year. I just happen to think that is a very big IF.

enjoy it while it lasts, you guys can have all the spotlight you want now "EARLY" in the season, if thats what makes you happy. Once fall is around is when it all matters.

I think anything can happen in this division. Look what the Indians did down the stretch last year. They are definetly capable of giving anyone in the division a scare like they did last year.

You can put this on the board: 1987, 1991, and 3, yes 3 in a row division titles.

In the mean time enjoy summing up the season one game, one series at time. 162 games is a long season, and that means we still got a long way to go. A 2 or 3 game sweep in April/May means nothing, but I guess thats usually your only highlights of the season... again if that makes you happy, I will take a division title in September over that any day.

windycitysheephunter, I look forward to you're posts in August and September. grin.gif

grin.gif Those injuns must not have been able to find the brooms.

Can we say complete game shut out? Finally got some run support too.

hey windy i grabbed a broom just in time for radke to autograph it for you after his 3 hit, 8 K, complete game, sorry you got your hopes up, you can hang on to the broom if you want, I will send it your way, I will even throw in a homer hanky!

yes you can put it on the board!!!!

Radke paints another masterpiece.

Ya just knew he wasn't gonna let a sweep happen. Not on his watch.

People are saying Santana is our ace. Ok, that's cool. I've always said it's Brad the man. Look at what he can do with some run support.

Hey Boiler lets not put the horse before the cart Im a big twins fan but I know better to start bragging up the ole beachballer himself(Radke)I bet Blyleven hopes he stays healthy he might give the old homerun record a chance.

Not bashing Radke here, but if Santana would have had 1/3 of the runs scored in his last start that radke did today, he would be 5-0 instead of 4-1. I don't really care, either one on the mound, i'll take it.

When the going gets tough Cindy is no where to be found. shocked.gif

Quote:

Not bashing Radke here, but if Santana would have had 1/3 of the runs scored in his last start

If Radke had the run support Santana had last year he may have one the Cy Young. grin.gif

Hey,

Tell them injuns to send all the brooms up here to the Windy City. We know what to do with them, Sox sweep another victim. Next!

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD....YES!

Windy

sweeping kansas city at home and only getting 2 hits against in your words a "AAA team" is really something to be proud of lol grin.gif

windy: your so called great team's offense couldnt even put a run on the board against the worst team in the league. That Kansas City pitcher was the best player on your team yesturday, he "WALKED" in your 2 only runs, with bases loaded in the 8th. I know a wins a win, but cmon thats nothing to be proud of.

Hey Rundrave,

Last time I checked, baseball is not like football. Your defense can not score runs. They can save runs but I have never seen a defensive play get credit for an RBI. Here is your first baseball lesson, BASEBALL 101: When your team is batting and they score a run they are credited with scoring a run, earned or unearned, they still scored the run. Whether you get a hit, get hit, get a walk, get a balk, have a dropped third strike that you beat out, get on by error...You still scored the runs, Dravy-boy. So upon further review, it has been determined that the White Sox scored not 1 run but 2 and won the game 2-1, more than the Twinks could do against Mr. Colon in serving up a steaming pile of 0's to Mr. Santana. I guess the Sox hitters should have swung at some of those pitches that were obviously not in the strike zone huh? Smart batters take what the pitcher gives you and on this day, it took some pretty sharp eyes by the batters not to swing at the garbage. A win is a win, a sweep is a sweep (again). YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD....YES!

wait until the white sux play above .500 teams and see how many sweeps they can get I know sweeping detroilet and kansas city is very impressive but we will see how overrated they have been when they start playing good teams

Hey Freak,

Last time I checked the standings, your Twinks are over .500, are they not? And haven't my beloved Pale Hose just "Spanked That Twinkie Arse" so far. I believe they are 5 and 1 with a sweep? Please feel free to correct me if I am speaking in error.

Windy

windbag, all i was implicating was that you rip on the twins for not being able to score runs. However, your white sox, who YOU claim to be such a great team, couldnt BAT in a run against the WORST team in the majors. You had a batter hit by a pitch, and your ONLY 2 runs scored against the WORST team in the league were on base loaded walks. yes a run is a run but to toot your horns and jump up and down because you swept the Royals.

Thats pretty shameful, to get excited over that.

As mentioned before:

In the mean time enjoy summing up the season one game, one series at time. 162 games is a long season, and that means we still got a long way to go. A 2 or 3 game sweep in April/May means nothing, but I guess thats usually your only highlights of the season... again if that makes you happy, I will take a division title in September over that any day.

Hey guys let the windy carp hunter enjoy his glory now in May because we all know there will be no glory come October for any Chicago teams. Heck last season the sux had a 5 game lead at the break and that meant nothing, we all (except Windy carp) know a 4 1/2 game lead on May 8 means nothing.

You said correct you if you're wrong. The Sox & the Twins have only played 5 times so far. The Sox are 4-1 against us not 5-1. A technicallity yes, but you asked for it.

Thanks for the correction Bigbucks, sometimes the fingers fly faster than the brain. Nice catch, I stand corrected, my beloved Pale Hose have only beaten the Twinks 4 out of 5 with one sweep...SO FAR!