• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I'll be out of Loon's Foot tomorrow at 0830 for a long anticipated trip with a friend and his boy. Sure hope I can hook the little guy up with a screaming king. Anybody else headed out? Should be a pretty decent day to be out there (that'd be my understatement for the day). I'll be on channel 16...

Lota Lota...

I hope to hit the south shore around noon or so. Ill give ya a call.

Well boys,

Have fun on the big Lake tomorrow. I'll be out of town until Thursday evening. It sounds like it might be a nice day at that. Good luck and I'll talk to you guys later.

Take care,

Tom (BD110)

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I'll be out of Rice Point and on the south shore as well.

Ill see you boys out there. Most likely around noonish.

You lucky dogs grin.gif all I could think about today is how nice it must be on the pond today. Lets hear some reports, any walleyes or lakers yet? I bet this warm sun turned them on.

Well I didnt get squat! Lota got 1 coho and a laker. Most guys with no better. 1 boat did have 5 Coho and 1 King but that was real early. I may try it again early tomorrow but Ill play it by ear. Might smelt tonight.

Steve, am I gonna have to go out there and show you how its done? grin.gif I bet that it was still better than working. Was there any size to Lota's laker? I might be out there tomorrow afternoon, a whole bunch of things have to line up for that to happen. I'll let you know how I do if I get out.

I made it out with Big Country in his boat.

Plans were to head down to Amnicon. Rounded out the entry at 10:30 AM and there were boats all over. I started to doubt my original plan and after marking fish, we setup there. After awhile with nothing happening and a few close calls in traffic we pointed the boat east and made our way down the shore. Pretty much a sea of 40 degree temps and no action on the rods, there just wasn't anything to put together, yet. At around 6 PM we stumbled onto 45 degree water and instantly had a fish on. A coho that took a purple bomber on top. Ten minutes later another coho on a purple bomber. Worked that spot till the sun got low and lost two more fish on purple bombers.

We need warm weather, light NE winds.

We had a close call on Sat. talk about some fast reeling of the boards. Dosn't matter if you go in the middle of the week anymore, tons of boats. Once the river opens I hope it thins out till the walleye fishermen work there way out.

I'm not saying that we ran into dimwits just that when you have that many boats with boards and long lines out things are bound to get exciting. Even when everyone has the right intentions you can find yourself in a predicament with no way out. grin.gif Eventually we had the whole lake to ourselves off the Amnicon.

I hear what your saying, sometimes you just don't have any place to go. Did you run any riggers? Purple has been good for me also.

I had 2 riggers down for a while in deeper water and then switched up to dipsys thinking maybe the Chinooks were shy. Couldn't get those fish to commit.

Later on we ended up in shallow water so everything was on top.

Well, made it out for a little while today. Trolled for 3 hours before the weather kicked us off. Put 4 fish in the box, 2 kings and 2 cohos. Biggest king was 30" and we lost one that was the same size, was in the net then gone. Surface temps around 42.5 till the sun disappeared. I hope its enough to hold me over. Sounds like the wind might go NE for awhile. I just can't get enough of it, I'm so hooked smile.gif

One other thing. There trainning in a new creel guy at Loons foot. They checked out our fish yesterday. He seems like a good guy. Hope everyone takes the time to help him out.

Lets hear some reports from the lake on Friday. I didn't make it out but it looked like an awesome day to be out trolling.

Lots of poor reports from the guys coming in at Rices yesterday. I did a bit better with the Crappie on the Louie.

Northlander: How deep are you fishing for Crappies?

I tried in the 16' range but all our fish came in shallow brush. Some on 1/32 oz and plastics and most on minnows under a bobber.

Thx. I'm going to head off Boy Scout today, see if any crappies are hungry.

If anyone is out, i'll be on channel 17. feel free to yell with a megaphone where the fish are biting! wink.gif

Woodie how did ya do today? [email protected]

Maybe we can compare some notes. I fish Boyscout area a lot and only find Crappies around there in the early spring and then again in the fall. What were you driving for a boat today. I may have seen you.

I have an 05 16' Tracker Pro Guide V16 (full windshield W 8' Marine Antenna).

I went north off the ramp, past the railroad bridge to the first curve. Fished from 10' to 20' for about 4 hours. Then loaded up, re-launched by UPS, and headed out on the lake and trolled up the shore (twords park point on the lake side) in roughly 25 (lookin for trout) but came up empty handed. I ended up the day with 2 very small crappie from when i was off boy scout landing. When i launched (around 1120am) i was the only boat launched there, with 2 folks fishing off the dock.

How did you do?

I saw ya at Rices landing later in the day. I went out with a good friend/league partner and we caught some cats, a nice Pike and a couple dandy eyes. All released of course. No Crappies where we were we were mostly after some catfish and breaking in the new Midwest Rod.

You guys in the nice sylvan, or the goldmine of a Ranger?