• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Good fishing guide for Lake Mead - Las Vegas

Since there is no Nevada/Arizona board, I thought I would post this question here. Please move if appropriate.

Does anyone here have a name of a good fishing charter for Lake Mead? I have a work trip to Vegas and I wanted to try some bass fishing on Lake Mead. Thanks for the help.

caster - Sorry that it took a while to pipe in here but I had to look through a few places to find the guy's card.

JR's Guide Service

Jim Robinson Master Guide Capt. USCG

Licensed & Insured

Las Vegas NV (702) 361-7039.

This guy was really good. Real easy going can handle all kinds of groups. My son and I arranged with a different guide who got double booked and he switched us to Jim. No complaints. Real tough day out on the lake. Nobody brought hardly anything back. Jim swithched spots many times and worked like the dickens trying to keep us on fish. then he slipped away from the group into a corner where we hit them one right after another. My son was on the back of the boat he was 20 years at the time. Jim was showing him all about the electronics and exactly what he was doing to get us fish. He kept telling me to let out more line or pull it up a bit. After awhile my son figured it out and he was giving me the instructions. We switch spots and I got the training.Man I learned a ton.

Jim was real good at figuring out our abilities and allowed us to do more and more as we demonstrated our abilities.

Any way the best attributes for a guide were there. He was real nice to be with and showed us everything he was doing. He taught us to fish. If I had a boat down there I could now go out on my own and have a fightig chance.

Much better money spent then gambling at about the same price. I'll never go to Vegas again without a day on this lake planned in.

He has all the equipment and will pick you up. We had a ride so he met us at a bait shop that my wifes uncle who we were staying with knew of at 4:00 am. We fished till at least 3:00pm. He provided pop. but you needed to bring your own lunch. He also cleaned and packaged the few we did keep. And gave us a ride to a better meeting spot to get picked up.

This was last year in hot July.

Definitly would use Jim over and Over.

JR is good. He'll put you on some fish. He runs a center console boat. He is more of a striper guide.

If you want a better largemouth guide, try Vern Price at 702-896-1198. Vern is a tournament bass guy + guide. He actually operates the Angler's Choice circuit. Vern will take you out in a bass boat (which may be better if you only have 2 people).

Good luck.

The bass are in their full spawn now. Meade tourney tomorrow.

(Information from good friend in Henderson, NV)

Good luck!

Oh go Striper fishing. If you haven't done it before. Heck you can get Bass here. Meade is a great lake for Striper. Or check with your guide if one isn't working maybe you can switch up. Arrange that in advance cause equipment will be different. Probably would be dependent on the size of the party.